The Student Room Group

UCAS Qualifications section - foreign qualifications?

What are people putting down for their qualifications section in UCAS. I'll be getting predicted grades for the reference but as for the Qualifications section, my country's equivalent to the GCSE's was cancelled in 2021, so do I just put down class tests? Do I put down qualifications that aren't academic? [e.g. music grades, first aid, ect.]
That's a talk you should have with your school, but here's what I did:

I didn't do GCSEs, I was living in Spain at the time and the GCSE-era equivalent there was this thing called ESO which, unlike GCSEs, did not have like final exams that covered everything you were taught during the whole academic stage. I did have an end of year grade for every subject (on a scale from 1 to 10) and so my school told me to just average the grades and put that in.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
That's a talk you should have with your school, but here's what I did:

I didn't do GCSEs, I was living in Spain at the time and the GCSE-era equivalent there was this thing called ESO which, unlike GCSEs, did not have like final exams that covered everything you were taught during the whole academic stage. I did have an end of year grade for every subject (on a scale from 1 to 10) and so my school told me to just average the grades and put that in.

Thanks, that's helpful. How many different qualifications did you end up submitting?
Original post by trumpet1_
Thanks, that's helpful. How many different qualifications did you end up submitting?

I forget but I think I put something like 10 or 12 subjects, which was basically all of the subjects I took during ESO.
Original post by trumpet1_
What are people putting down for their qualifications section in UCAS. I'll be getting predicted grades for the reference but as for the Qualifications section, my country's equivalent to the GCSE's was cancelled in 2021, so do I just put down class tests? Do I put down qualifications that aren't academic? [e.g. music grades, first aid, ect.]

If you don’t have any formal qualifications yet then you should just list the qualifications that you will receive after you submit your application. Those need to be listed in your education section so that your reference is asked for predicted grades.

You should still list all your places of study from age 11/13 (whenever secondary education starts in the country you were living in).
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending