The Student Room Group

Transportation to uni

I start uni in septs but my accom is an 1hr walking distance from uni. Since i wont always be walking i have 2 questions:

1. How much on avergae is a 30 min bus ride in london (im not from london so idk prices)?
2. Arr their any student bus passes/disscounts?
I start uni in septs but my accom is an 1hr walking distance from uni. Since i wont always be walking i have 2 questions:

1. How much on avergae is a 30 min bus ride in london (im not from london so idk prices)?
2. Are their any student bus passes/disscounts?
Original post by rigbyy

There are a bunch of different fares and discount schemes, as you might expect. You'd probably be using one of these two:

The "Hopper fare", which is £1.75 and covers you for unlimited journeys for made within one hour of touching in (i.e. starting your journey). At £3.50 per day for 5 days, that's £17.50 for the week.

The 7-day bus pass at £17.30 (that's the "18+ Student" rate). This saves you a massive 20p, but if you travel on the weekends or other than just to/from uni (e.g. for an evening out) then it'd be worth having. This requires you to have the 18+ Student Oyster photocard, for which they charge a £20 admin free. So make sure it'll actually save you at least that before getting one.

All the other options (including monthly passes) are detailed here.
how much is a 30 minute bus ride in london?
Original post by Anonymous
how much is a 30 minute bus ride in london?

Bus rides in London aren't priced like that. You pay £1.75 for unlimited journeys for made within one hour of touching in (starting your journey).
Have a look here: https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/find-fares
Flat fares are £1.75 for as many buses as you need to take to complete your journey within an hour starting from when you first tap in with your phone/debit card (no cash taken)
If you want a weekly or longer pass then get student pass and you'll get 30% off.
Original post by rigbyy

Have you checked to see if there are any nearby tube stations as well as buses? :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending