The Student Room Group

A level tips

Hello there, I am doing aqa biology, wjec criminology and aqa law. Any tips would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by CloudyPenguin
Hello there, I am doing aqa biology, wjec criminology and aqa law. Any tips would be appreciated :smile:

I do biology, but edexcel A. I think this advice would still be applicable though :smile:
I find making flashcards and then using them as a really good way to revise. Practise exam questions are also very important so you can learn the exam technique. If you have any more questions about biology, please ask :biggrin:
Original post by flowersinmyhair

I do biology, but edexcel A. I think this advice would still be applicable though :smile:
I find making flashcards and then using them as a really good way to revise. Practise exam questions are also very important so you can learn the exam technique. If you have any more questions about biology, please ask :biggrin:

Thanks for the advice :smile:

Hi @CloudyPenguin

I found the best way to study for law was to break down the reading into topic area and then break it down further into offence or principle etc. Once you have a set of flashcards on these then just keep returning to them and make different piles (ones you always get right, ones you often get right, ones you sometimes get right and ones you never get right). Once you have worked out your piles work through your worst over and over until you can put them in different piles and then do the next hardest pile until they are all in the "always get right pile". I found repetition is the best way to understand the content and then when you have the content sorted the writing of essays/answering exam questions etc. follows naturally. 🙂

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie

I did AQA biology and I would recommend doing as many questions as you can. Physics and maths tutor is a good website to go to for subject specific questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest