The Student Room Group

Drowsiness when revising

Hi all,

Studying towards my A levels in the summer and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to stay alert whilst studying. I currently study up to 11pm in 90 minute intervals with 15 minute breaks between study intervals and sometimes take 5 minutes within those 90 minutes to do pushups if i start feeling a bit drowsy. Does anyone have any other tips regarding how to stay more alert?

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all,

Studying towards my A levels in the summer and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to stay alert whilst studying. I currently study up to 11pm in 90 minute intervals with 15 minute breaks between study intervals and sometimes take 5 minutes within those 90 minutes to do pushups if i start feeling a bit drowsy. Does anyone have any other tips regarding how to stay more alert?

Thanks

Go to bed at a sensible time. Work in shorter bursts (e.g. 25 minutes with 5 minute rest or 50 minutes with 10 minutes rest).
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi all,

Thanks

Hi
I can understand studying for A levels is extremely stressful and it can be difficult to stay alert and concentrate. I'd recommend sleeping earlier and working for shorter bursts like 30 mins with 5-10 min intervals between. During your breaks it's important to stretch, exercise and energise. To stay alert during studying, it's also really important to eat healthy foods regularly, ensure you drink enough and create a healthy balance between studying and looking after yourself and seeing your friends.

Hope this helps!
Z
UG Arabic & IR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending