The Student Room Group

university exam

How long do you guys spend revising for the university exams at the end of the year?
Reply 1
Original post by nebula2324
How long do you guys spend revising for the university exams at the end of the year?

When I was at uni, I did 1-2 months' worth of revision. Probably should do more though.
On the other hand, I didn't study a very intensive or particularly difficult subject. If I was doing maths, engineering, or physics, I would probably put in a lot more hours than I would do for other subjects.
Attending university is the equivalent of having a full time job, meaning a minimum of 37.5 hours per week, albeit those numbers vary based on course, intensity and how quickly you can learn the content.

So it’s not a case of “should I revise this much” it’s a case of “how much do I need for myself to do well?” as the second question is specific to you.
@nebula2324

Ideally, it's better to be revising during the year.

While you are attending lectures on different topics, you should try and write some revision cards, do quizzes, practice questions etc to make sure that you are processing what you are learning but also to have some resources for when your exams come.

It's not always practical, but trying to do some revision during the year is better than trying to go over everything at the end of the year.

This is important because your timetable for your exams will impact the amount of time you have to revise as well as when your lectures finish. (You can have lectures up until the week of your exams.)

Having a revision plan and knowing the best way you revise is the best way to think about revision rather than a set amount of time.

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending