The Student Room Group

Psychology

I’m doing A-level psychology but I can’t seem to get the hang of the 16 markers. I’m not sure how the structure works or what the techniques is to getting higher marks in the questions
Original post by Noor344
I’m doing A-level psychology but I can’t seem to get the hang of the 16 markers. I’m not sure how the structure works or what the techniques is to getting higher marks in the questions

Hi @Noor344 ,

I am a final year undergraduate psychology student and did A-level Psychology. I used to find these so hard!

A few things I did to understand how to approach them:

Speak to your teacher one to one and ask any and all questions you have(arrange a meeting)

Ask/read 'good' 16 mark responses. Sometimes teachers have these so you may have to ask for some. When reading look at their structure and how they have answered the question well and maybe even things they did not do very well.

Do extra 16 mark questions. You may need to ask your teacher for some ones you can practice. If you are doing AQA and you are using the same textbook I used then you will have example 16 mark questions you can use for practice on each page. You do not have to answer all of them, I picked one to do a week. Sometimes I would plan them and sometimes I would write them in full. You should then see if your teacher would be open to marking these and providing feedback. This is one thing that helped me massively.

Finally, really try understand the feedback you have been given. Make note of it as there might be some small things you do that can be fixed quite easily!

I hope this helps and would be happy to talk more about studying Psychology at A-level.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending