The Student Room Group

Modern dating

How do people feel about modern dating?
Do you like it- hookup culture, casual dating, playing games, situationships, etc.

Talk about your experiences and whether you think its good for us or not. Would be interesting to hear about both male and female perspectives.
Reply 1
Original post by casual94
Do you like it- hookup culture, casual dating, playing games, situationships, etc.

Talk about your experiences and whether you think its good for us or not. Would be interesting to hear about both male and female perspectives.

I personally don't like any of those. Those actions can definitely give pleasure for a certain time but they might cause emotional trauma to some individuals as well provided that they get too attached. Hence, I would rather choose a long-term authentic relationship over those activities.
No I'm not trying to STDS
Reply 3
Part of modern dating is...dating. No angst or dramas or immaturity, just getting to know someone and enjoying each other's company in real life.

Modern dating as compared to what? Situationships have existed for a long time, though it seems to be only recently that a term for them has been in common use. And people are generally having fewer sexual partners these days, which would suggest that casual relationships and ONS are less common now (compared to say the nineties or 2000s).
Reply 5

I think that all of these things are common, but less common than we may think. The internet may have lots of people saying that they've done so and so, but there are billions of people online and we're able to see what any of them are saying.

I reckon that the for most people few if any are directly part of their lives; they're certainly not for my friends.
Reply 6
It is great. I'm having a wonderful time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending