The Student Room Group

Accommodation between contracts

Hi all, I’ve no experience in this as an overseas student. Current dorm contract will end on 26/6. New one will start from 20/9. Where are the places that undergrad students usually go in this period, if not going back home?
Original post by Borganic
Hi all, I’ve no experience in this as an overseas student. Current dorm contract will end on 26/6. New one will start from 20/9. Where are the places that undergrad students usually go in this period, if not going back home?

If your current place of residence is operated by the university, you may be able to ask them and they'll extend the lease to cover the summer period.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
If your current place of residence is operated by the university, you may be able to ask them and they'll extend the lease to cover the summer period.

That’s very helpful. Thank you very much.
Original post by Borganic

Hi there,
I'd recommend looking at private student accommodations that offer summer stays. We'll be opening ours up early next year (so watch this space!). Alternatively, you could see if there's any potential of extending your current contract or checking in early on your next contract. This isn't always possible so speak to your accommodation provider.

Hope this helps!

-Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending