The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Neuroscience MSc (2024-2025)

Hello, I made this thread for the people applying to the MSc Neuroscience at Oxford for 2024. I applied a week ago and already can't wait to get a response :biggrin: , anyone else who applied?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ryuk007
Hello, I made this thread for the people applying to the MSc Neuroscience at Oxford for 2024. I applied a week ago and already can't wait to get a response :biggrin: , anyone else who applied?

I also applied ! Im itching to hear back already but it might be around end of december ish after looking at the threads from other years
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Lrl456
I also applied ! Im itching to hear back already but it might be around end of december ish after looking at the threads from other years

I went through older threads too hehe. Last year all interview invitations had been sent by the 11th of January, and since this year interviews take place during the same period as last year I assume we should also expect invitations by the 12th of January. I think end of December is unlikely also because of holidays but who knows😀
Reply 3
Original post by ryuk007

Another applicant here! we still have at least one month of anxious waiting.

Good luck everyone :-)
Reply 4
Anyone heard anything yet??? i’m so scared haha
Original post by rjk18
Another applicant here! we still have at least one month of anxious waiting.

Good luck everyone :-)

pls guide me on how u wrote your personal statement xx
Reply 6
Original post by Lrl456
Anyone heard anything yet??? i’m so scared haha

I haven't yet. By the end of next week we should all know though.
Reply 7
Original post by ryuk007

yeah defo by the end of next week cus interviews are probs gunna be last week of fed! it was 9th january last year so probably around that time!
Original post by ryuk007

pls guide me on how u wrote your personal statement for this. it would be vv helpful. thnkxx OP
Has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 10
Original post by unknownlaptop
Has anyone heard back yet?

nothing yet! i’m literally so anxious rn about it . i believe we should hear back at some point from monday when the university is back open !
Original post by Lrl456
nothing yet! i’m literally so anxious rn about it . i believe we should hear back at some point from monday when the university is back open !

Hey, for some reason I’m not able to dm you privately lol but I can reply on here! When did you send your application off? I’m sure it’s going to be fine, interviews are a bit later again this year I think so we should hear back this week :smile:
Reply 12
Hey, for some reason I’m not able to dm you privately lol but I can reply on here! When did you send your application off? I’m sure it’s going to be fine, interviews are a bit later again this year I think so we should hear back this week :smile:

Okay that’s fine haha! i sent my application off literally 3 days before the deadline i believe! my upload button is still there aswell. is urs??? wbu . also whats ur background (course, predicted, research experience etc) !
Original post by Lrl456
Okay that’s fine haha! i sent my application off literally 3 days before the deadline i believe! my upload button is still there aswell. is urs??? wbu . also whats ur background (course, predicted, research experience etc) !

Yeah, mine to😇 I graduated from paycholgy this year with 75% overall, and I did a research internship this summer! You?
Reply 14
Yeah, mine to😇 I graduated from paycholgy this year with 75% overall, and I did a research internship this summer! You?

oh that’s amazing well done!! i study biochemistry and i’m in my final year and last year i got 80% overall. i did a research internship at the francis crick institute over the summer aswell and im doing a lab research dissertation on microglia and alzheimer’s disease! hopefully we hear back sometime next week cus interviews are probs gunna be end of jan!
Reply 15
No news either guys. Seems like no one has received any yet.
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous #1
pls guide me on how u wrote your personal statement xx

Hi, I would only reflect my views/advices and that of some that I found helpful.
there is a lot to say about PS, first is to follow the guide given on the program webpage, to know what they're truly looking for in the PS.
Second is to know the general tips for a good PS, these may include avoiding general points, and being specific with regards to your interests etc. +/- to include any achievements or instances in your academic career that have shaped your interest and how you went about to indulge further in the field. Also, you should include some words on the program and what specifically was appealing to you about it (modules, Professors, etc).

There are so many good videos on YT, they help a lot. Try to find someone with a similar background to yours and know how they tailored their PS and take some notes.

Good luck !
Reply 17
Original post by ryuk007
No news either guys. Seems like no one has received any yet.

i think it will be next week for sure! just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best. what’s ur stats???
Reply 18
just looked at previous threads and interview invites were sent on a monday the past 2 years. might hear something back tomorrow let’s keep our fingers crossed and good luck everyone!
Original post by Lrl456
just looked at previous threads and interview invites were sent on a monday the past 2 years. might hear something back tomorrow let’s keep our fingers crossed and good luck everyone!

Oh god my heart jumped just reading this haha, if that’s the case then best of luck tomorrow guys!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending