The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSc Social Science of the Internet 2024-25

Starting a thread here for the 2024-25 MSc in Social Science of the Internet!

I just heard back yesterday for an offer of place, but haven't yet received news about funding or college status.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I too received an offer for this course and year! Super excited! I have not heard about funding or college status, but I am sure in the next 8-10 weeks we should find out (at least that is what was told in the email they sent!)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by leeroki
Hey! I too received an offer for this course and year! Super excited! I have not heard about funding or college status, but I am sure in the next 8-10 weeks we should find out (at least that is what was told in the email they sent!)

Hoping it happens early in January -- I'm nervous to know what college it might be! I applied for Balliol, what'd you apply for?
Reply 3
Original post by milliquas
Hoping it happens early in January -- I'm nervous to know what college it might be! I applied for Balliol, what'd you apply for?

Me too!! I actually had an open application for any college because I couldn't make my mind up lol - I heard Balliol is awesome, so I'd be happy there too! Crossing my fingers that it's a good college nevertheless!!!
Reply 4
Hey guys, did you have predicted a low or high first? And was there anything special in your application that you reckon that made you get in? I just applied but don't have research experience, I have passion for the subject and good grades. Hope I get in 🤞
Reply 5
Original post by J.ioak
Hey guys, did you have predicted a low or high first? And was there anything special in your application that you reckon that made you get in? I just applied but don't have research experience, I have passion for the subject and good grades. Hope I get in 🤞

Hey! I’m an international student from the US and I’ve been working for ~2 years in tech, so I didn’t have any predicted scores. Honestly, I think my data experience in the tech industry, and my research idea is pretty unique, so I would say that’s the reason I received an offer! I also don’t have official research experience either, so I am thinking that they are looking for people super interested in their topic of choice and willing to spend a lot of time and energy studying it! I hope this helps, and wishing you luck on your application!! 🙂
Reply 6
When we they mention research experience, how much are they expecting? I applied for the January deadline, so I'm curious how much can I get my hopes up 🫠
Reply 7
Original post by AndGab22
When we they mention research experience, how much are they expecting? I applied for the January deadline, so I'm curious how much can I get my hopes up 🫠

hey!! honestly, not particularly sure. I didn’t have any research experience and I received an offer, so wouldn’t base the entirety of your hopes just on research experience! good luck on your application!! wishing you the very best!
Reply 8
Original post by leeroki

hey!! honestly, not particularly sure. I didn’t have any research experience and I received an offer, so wouldn’t base the entirety of your hopes just on research experience! good luck on your application!! wishing you the very best!

Thank you!!! I'm a nervous mess at this point... Even my English went out the window 😅
Reply 9
Thank you!!! I'm a nervous mess at this point... Even my English went out the window 😅

No worries!! You are going to do amazing - I truly believe in speaking things into existence, so you got this!! x
Original post by milliquas
Starting a thread here for the 2024-25 MSc in Social Science of the Internet!

I just heard back yesterday for an offer of place, but haven't yet received news about funding or college status.

congrats!!👍 may i ask what your background is?
Reply 11
Original post by leeroki

Haha no worries! Do you have socials or something, maybe discord? Would be good to keep in touch about the process!
Reply 12
Original post by J.ioak

Yea!! I can message you my IG!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 13
Original post by leeroki

Yea!! I can message you my IG!

Sounds great! How do I access your messages lol
Reply 14
Update everyone lol got my college last week! St hilda’s!
Reply 15
Original post by leeroki
Update everyone lol got my college last week! St hilda’s!

Congratiulations!!!!!
Reply 16
Congratiulations!!!!!

Thank you so much!! 😊
Reply 17
Original post by leeroki
update everyone lol got my college last week! St hilda’s!

thats my bestie right there 🙋💁
Reply 18
Guys I've managed to get into my gmail!!! finally 🙈
Reply 19
Original post by J.ioak
thats my bestie right there 🙋💁

LOLOL 😂😂 still manifesting for u bestie!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending