The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Date of having a final MA grade

Hi all,
My DPhil offer is conditional on my having a final MA grade by the end of July. However, my advisor said that it's unlikely since the reviewers will probably read it over the summer, only after the spring semester is over. He said that usually it's not a big deal, and once I have it submitted, they won't be too strict with the actual final grade.

What do you think? Do they tend to be flexible with this or is this very strict?
Thank you!
I would get in touch with admissions right away to explain the situation and see if they can offer some kind of dispensation. I wouldn't wait on finding out what your reviewers do before taking action. :smile:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Stressed1212
Hi all,
My DPhil offer is conditional on my having a final MA grade by the end of July. However, my advisor said that it's unlikely since the reviewers will probably read it over the summer, only after the spring semester is over. He said that usually it's not a big deal, and once I have it submitted, they won't be too strict with the actual final grade.
What do you think? Do they tend to be flexible with this or is this very strict?
Thank you!

Hi,

May I ask if you have solved this problem by now? I face a similar problem but is for a master's offer and I am wondering whether I should accept the offer first before hearing back from them (I've sent emails regarding this to the admissions). Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
May I ask if you have solved this problem by now? I face a similar problem but is for a master's offer and I am wondering whether I should accept the offer first before hearing back from them (I've sent emails regarding this to the admissions). Thank you.

I just received an answer today and they said it is not a problem. However, I should stress that in my case it's due to unordinary circumstances (the semesters have started much later than usual this year, because of a war in my country). I don't know if it's okay regardless or just because of the circumstances, but it didn't seem like a big deal. I think you should accept the offer, so you won't miss it! Also try to email the department itself!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending