The Student Room Group

What Unis (Comp Sci) with A*A*B

Hi,
I am currently predicted A*A*B (Maths, Computer Science and Physics respectively) as well as AS Further Maths (I do not have a predicted grade for this as I am studying it externally). A few of the Universities I have been looking at are asking for either A*A*A or A*AA and I'm not sure whether the A*AA courses would except A*A*B as I've heard some Unis don't accept them as equivalent (I have emailed them to ask and am waiting for a response). I'm currently thinking of applying for Computer Science at Bath and UCL (A*A*A), Southampton (A*AA) and Edinburgh (AAB). I've also chosen to apply for Computer Systems Engineering at Warwick (A*AA), which I'm guessing will most definitely prefer an A in Physics. I'm planning on changing Bath and Southampton to lower choices just in case the Unis don't like the B, so does anyone have any general advice about my situation, or any recommendations for Unis which i could switch Bath and Southampton out for. I know UCL may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm hoping that the AS Further Maths and a strong personal statement should hopefully mean they at least consider me.
You currently dont meet the entry reqs for bath and UCL so best to only apply to one of them, probably bath since its less competitive. And for southhampton and warrick your best off ringing up the uni as you will get an instant response and asking them. If they accept your grades as being entry reqs since some unis may or may not allow this. Once you've confirmed this then you can take the next steps
Original post by shadowblades
You currently dont meet the entry reqs for bath and UCL so best to only apply to one of them, probably bath since its less competitive. And for southhampton and warrick your best off ringing up the uni as you will get an instant response and asking them. If they accept your grades as being entry reqs since some unis may or may not allow this. Once you've confirmed this then you can take the next steps

Forgot to say, a strong personal statement will not usually get you in if you don't meet the entry reqs since they are entry reqs for a reason, rather it is to make you stand out from others who also meet entry reqs. Some unis do accept AS FM as a lower grade requirement so also check this. Good luck in your uni search and hopefully it all goes well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending