The Student Room Group

I hate studying

I hate studying so much. It's not enjoyable and idk how i can push through hours of actual worthwhile revision. Im in yr13 atm and im struggling so bad.
I know that past papers help and doing practise questions but i've never had any motivation and it's just getting worse.
My room is a mess and i have to study in pin drop silence otherwise i will go crazy. I take maths, computer science and business. I hate them all, i used to like them but now i hate them. It's not like i regret choosing them because there isnt a subject that i would rather learn. I just hate all the studying and idk how to gain the motivation to do stuff.
I do homework and revision for tests but i havent been doing any long term revision. Any tips? And does motivation in uni increase or decrease
Original post by Anonymous
I hate studying so much. It's not enjoyable and idk how i can push through hours of actual worthwhile revision. Im in yr13 atm and im struggling so bad.
I know that past papers help and doing practise questions but i've never had any motivation and it's just getting worse.
My room is a mess and i have to study in pin drop silence otherwise i will go crazy. I take maths, computer science and business. I hate them all, i used to like them but now i hate them. It's not like i regret choosing them because there isnt a subject that i would rather learn. I just hate all the studying and idk how to gain the motivation to do stuff.
I do homework and revision for tests but i havent been doing any long term revision. Any tips? And does motivation in uni increase or decrease

What do you want to do at uni and what grades do you need to get?
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
What do you want to do at uni and what grades do you need to get?

idk im thinking of surrey atm and i need a bbb and im predicted a bbb atm
Original post by Anonymous
idk im thinking of surrey atm and i need a bbb and im predicted a bbb atm

I think it is good to remind yourself why you are studying, you want to get the grades you need to go to the uni you want to go to.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1

I feel ya sis I’m in your same boat, you’re not alone on that. I’m currently procrastinating and my mind isn’t able to function properly whenever I try to study and my room is also currently a mess you just gave me motivation to clean it up 😭. But we have to do this for our own future;(. Maybe check out some fun ways that keep you entertained while studying? Explore different studying methods and see which one is decent enough for your case, listen to podcasts and watch videos that explain the topic you’re learning if your head isn’t motivated enough for books. But 1st thing 1st clean that room girlie, that chaos represents your mind’s current state and studying surrounded in such mess will only demotivate more and do regular self care sessions. And like another comment said, remind yourself of your future goals, why and who you’re doing this for. I wish you well<333
Reply 5
Original post by blablablaa
I feel ya sis I’m in your same boat, you’re not alone on that. I’m currently procrastinating and my mind isn’t able to function properly whenever I try to study and my room is also currently a mess you just gave me motivation to clean it up 😭. But we have to do this for our own future;(. Maybe check out some fun ways that keep you entertained while studying? Explore different studying methods and see which one is decent enough for your case, listen to podcasts and watch videos that explain the topic you’re learning if your head isn’t motivated enough for books. But 1st thing 1st clean that room girlie, that chaos represents your mind’s current state and studying surrounded in such mess will only demotivate more and do regular self care sessions. And like another comment said, remind yourself of your future goals, why and who you’re doing this for. I wish you well<333

hahah yeah i just cleaned my room, it looks totally different now lol, might get smt done or try to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending