The Student Room Group

'Revision' not sticking in my brain

Hi all,

I've been trying to revise Business edexcel A level which used to be one of my best subjects however now when i go through each slide on the sub themes and attempt questions in the evenings- it seems as though i know nothing and doesn't reflect the fact that I went over the topic recently. Can someone suggest a way to stop this from happening.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi all,

I've been trying to revise Business edexcel A level which used to be one of my best subjects however now when i go through each slide on the sub themes and attempt questions in the evenings- it seems as though i know nothing and doesn't reflect the fact that I went over the topic recently. Can someone suggest a way to stop this from happening.

Hi there!

I understand it can be really frustrating to feel like you can't remember what you revise. To me, it sounds like you have done a lot of studying which can sometimes have the opposite affect. I've spent hours revising and not remembered any of it! I then realised that just because I was working, didn't mean that I was working efficiently.

My advice would be to think about times you have done really well in this subject and what studying techniques you used. Go over mistakes over and over again until you get them. It is also very important to take breaks! Take some time doing something else and come back to it with a fresh mind.

It sounds like you are working very hard, best of luck! 🙂

Emily
Second Year Creative Writing
Hi all,

Hi

It may be because you're burned out and the best thing to do is take a break and come back to it! As this is one of your best subjects, you must be doing well in it and so it's important to review your mistakes and learn from them when you attempt the questions again. It's also useful to ask your teacher for extra support for questions on the topic which you're finding harder and look for more questions on those areas of the topic to strengthen your understanding.

Hope this helps!
Z
UG Arabic & IR
Hi all,

@Anonymous #1

Have you thought about recording your notes on your phone and playing them over and over again on the bus / whilst out jogging - it really helped me during my University exams

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending