The Student Room Group

GCSE studying and revision

i'm a struggling year 11 student. GCSE's are in 4-5 months and i'm stressed. i know i should'nt be but... i'm unsure on how to improve. how do i make a routine and stick to it? how do i sit down and study and be motivated and willing to do the work? i need some help and im scared. i zone out a lot during class and when i study (and even during mocks) i think i have an issue like brain fog or i might just have adhd.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by 1n0urrr
i'm a struggling year 11 student. GCSE's are in 4-5 months and i'm stressed. i know i should'nt be but... i'm unsure on how to improve. how do i make a routine and stick to it? how do i sit down and study and be motivated and willing to do the work? i need some help and im scared. i zone out a lot during class and when i study (and even during mocks) i think i have an issue like brain fog or i might just have adhd.

I'm doing gcses like you and sometimes i have no motivation but what I recommend is find your motivation.(ik it's so hard sometimes) Whether it's to prove someone wrong or its simply to feel good on results day, finding motivation can build your drive. 2 or 3 months ago I was in your position but I promised myself a great apartment when I'm older as motivation to get good grades. You could promise yourself something you really want or negotiate with your parents to give you a reward when you get good grades. Then pick a day where you have plenty of free time and experiment with different revision techniques like flashcards, note taking etc. If you are stuck, search on YouTube studying techniques. I tried picking a topic or unit for instance cell biology and used a3 paper to make a massive revision mind map. I also made my flashcards as short as possible. When note taking make your notes as condense as possible and pick put key words to remember. Ask your family and friends to quiz you. Also establish good relationships with your teachers and ask them for help when you need it. You can also ask your friends around you. If you need any specific subject advice lmk. Good luck with your gcses :smile:))

Quick Reply

Latest