The Student Room Group

Will i get offers?

I have achieved DDD in Btec Applied science, and after taking a gap year I decided to apply for uni. I have sent my application early and was wondering how likely will i get offers. i have applied to:

Uni of Sheffield: Biomedical Science (DDD)
Uni of Reading: Medical science (DDD)
Uni of Cardiff: Biomedical Science (DDM-DDD)
Uni of Surrey: Biomedical Science (DDM)
Uni of Nottingham: Biochemistry (DDD)

Do you think I will need to attend any interviews before getting offers?
Reply 1
Original post by curiousgeorge12
I have achieved DDD in Btec Applied science, and after taking a gap year I decided to apply for uni. I have sent my application early and was wondering how likely will i get offers. i have applied to:

Hiya, I woulnt be too sure about the unis you have chosen specifically however i have done the same course as you and applied for similar courses and i am now in uni, i had been predicted a DDD and even though i had recieved a DDM i recieved offers from all 5 of the unis i had applied for without having to go through clearing or interviews, personally i believe a strong personal statement plus your grades (congrats!) you shouldnt have much trouble! i doubt youll have to go through any extra trouble and all you can really do is wait and see, hopefully this can be some help for you but good luck!
Original post by jaexosi
Hiya, I woulnt be too sure about the unis you have chosen specifically however i have done the same course as you and applied for similar courses and i am now in uni, i had been predicted a DDD and even though i had recieved a DDM i recieved offers from all 5 of the unis i had applied for without having to go through clearing or interviews, personally i believe a strong personal statement plus your grades (congrats!) you shouldnt have much trouble! i doubt youll have to go through any extra trouble and all you can really do is wait and see, hopefully this can be some help for you but good luck!

Ahh thank you so much!! can I ask which uni you go to/ones you picked and what course you do?

Hey!
I am not sure about interviews for Biomed, but you can chat to some current biomed students and they will be able to help you. https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/study/chat
If you have any general questions about the uni or the anatomy side of the biomed course I'm happy to help!
If not, good luck with your applications!
Evie (MSc anatomy with education at UoS)

Hi @curiousgeorge12,

Great to hear you’re considering Reading!! As you meet our entry requirements it’s likely you will get an offer, and we have a contextual offer scheme too. As we don’t do interview for our medical science course, I’d recommend focusing on your Personal Statement - here at Reading we really value enthusiasm, determination and forward-thinking mindsets so all the skills, experience and attitudes you have that can demonstrate this will be essential. You may want to speak to one of our current students, Lina, as although she now studies something else she began her academic career with Medical Sciences so can offer you some more tailored advice. You can also chat to our admissions team through email if you’d like; you can contact them here: [email protected].

I hope this helped! If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Kat 🙂
MA Diplomacy Student
Reply 5
Ahh thank you so much!! can I ask which uni you go to/ones you picked and what course you do?

I am currently studying forensic science at Kingston university however I applied to
Bournemouth- Biological sciences
Kent - unconditional, forensic science
Nottingham - Biochem
Keele- Forensic Science with Integrated Masters

Let me know if you have any other questions! :smile:
Original post by jaexosi

I am currently studying forensic science at Kingston university however I applied to
Bournemouth- Biological sciences
Kent - unconditional, forensic science
Nottingham - Biochem
Keele- Forensic Science with Integrated Masters

Let me know if you have any other questions! :smile:

Oh that’s amazing, I’ve just got some offers back from Sheffield Cardiff and reading!
Reply 7
Oh that’s amazing, I’ve just got some offers back from Sheffield Cardiff and reading!

Havent been on here in ages sorry, but hope all is well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending