The Student Room Group

Contextual offer= predicted grades??

I am eligible for a contextual offer and I'm currently studying for my year 12 mocks. Will I need to have the predicted grades of standard offer then be offered a contextual offer ?
If your entitled to a contextual offer those are the grades you need to get.
Reply 2
You can be predicted lower, or higher than the standard offer. As long as you receive the grade boundaries for conextual offer, you will get the place. Predicted grades are pretty irrelevant, as long as you get what you need to get - contextual offer grades.
Reply 3
Original post by Kayamarie1
You can be predicted lower, or higher than the standard offer. As long as you receive the grade boundaries for conextual offer, you will get the place. Predicted grades are pretty irrelevant, as long as you get what you need to get - contextual offer grades.

So in my mocks if I get BBC I will be predicted ABB which is the contextual offer grade so is that okay
Reply 4
I dont understand sorry.

Lets say the university standard offer is AAA.
and lets say you are predicted BBB .
The contextual offer is ABB. Even though you were predicted a grade lower, you may still get an offer that is conditional. So under the conditions that you get the grades ABB, predicted grades really dont matter in application process. If you are applying for contextaul offer, you just need to have the contextual offer predicted grades (though not main factor) the main facotr is actuall receiving that grade.

PLease dont stress too much about it, lots of people get through contextual offers, even *****, you will be fine. There is always clearing as well.
Original post by 6usernametsr
So in my mocks if I get BBC I will be predicted ABB which is the contextual offer grade so is that okay
Mocks don't matter. What matters is what your teachers choose to enter into UCAS when they referee
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Mocks don't matter. What matters is what your teachers choose to enter into UCAS when they referee

What do you mean what teachers choose to enter onto UCAS? Don't they have to enter into UCAS your predicted grade which is based on mocks?
Original post by Kayamarie1
What do you mean what teachers choose to enter onto UCAS? Don't they have to enter into UCAS your predicted grade which is based on mocks?
Your referee (1 person) needs to enter predicted grades for all your qualifications. They can enter whatever grades they wish as your predicted grades. They will want you to succeed, so they will give you realistic grades that they think you *can* achieve in the summer. Lots of schools choose to involve a mock exam grade into the referee's decision, they don't need to and often a person's UCAS predicted grade will be slightly higher than a mock exam result.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending