The Student Room Group

TSR official 2024 formula one thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Admit-One
If true, that must be quite sudden. I'm sure they would not have planned to get rid of their principal so close to the testing and the new season.

I dunno if anyone else could have done much better with the same resource, but they have been stuck in a rut for a while now.

Considering resta's resignation was quite sudden, I reckon something is a foot if there is something.

My contact in haas seemed in good spirits last time I saw them (visited my neighbour around Xmas with a brand new beamer).
Can only hope the staff in beds, bucks and maranello arent badly affected.

What would be interesting / a bit funny is if aldo Costa becomes their new chief designer / tech lead as he is now in charge of dallara
(edited 3 months ago)
IT'S OFFICIAL : GUENTHER STEINER HAS LEFT HAAS!!!

He has been replaced by Ayao Komatsu as team principal. Komatsu has been in F1 for a while. He was grosjeans race engineer at lotus and he joined Haas same time as romain, subsequently becoming their chief race engineer.
This is the latest on the trend of race engineers / strategists become team principles like Andrea Stella at mclaren and James vowles at williams
Mike crack is now the 3rd longest current serving, only been in thr job since 2022
Original post by Andrew97
Mike crack is now the 3rd longest current serving, only been in thr job since 2022

Bleep. Did not realise that.

So hornwr is 1
Toto 2
crack 3
Vasseur, stella, vowles, seidl =7
Alpines guy 8th
Mekies 9th
Komatsu 10th right?
Vass
Reply 25
Steiner is sacked or quit.

By all accounts, he wants investment to keep pace. Haas wants a small profit and the brand.
Mclaren has unveiled their new livery for 2024 and it looks great.
It's prettymuch a tribute to their old Marlborough colours from the 80s - mid 90s but with the white being replaced by black and the fluorescent orange/red by papaya orange

(edited 3 months ago)
Alpha tauri will have a new name this year and their social media seems to confirm it will be Visa Cash app Racing Bulls
Original post by quasa
Alpha tauri will have a new name this year and their social media seems to confirm it will be Visa Cash app Racing Bulls

*facepalm*
Reply 29
Calender

Spoiler

Lineup

Spoiler

Car Launches

Spoiler

hi!
not really sure if this is the right place to post this but I was wondering if any of you could help me decide on my epq title (a sort of dissertation done in sixth form). I want to do it about tobacco sponsorship in motorsport, specifically f1, but am struggling to narrow down and decide on a topic title (which needs to be in the form of a question).
please lmk if any one has any ideas or interesting topic focuses within the realm of tobacco advertising and f1 :smile:

also if anyone has any good ideas about resources- mainly books- I could use I would also appreciate that lots!
Original post by Admit-One
*facepalm*

Speaking of facepalm. The Spanish gp will move to Madrid in 2026
Some news from r3cent days

Norris has extended his contract with McLaren while leclerc likewise for Ferrari. Neither contract length has been announced

Ollie Bearman is the Ferrari reserve

All launch dates have been annocued, I’ll be trying to update the OP, but have no access to my. Laptop as it’s buried in my room and I have had surgery this week so can’t do lifting

F2 and f3 girds have been more or less confirmed, Martins will stay with Art in f2 with Zak o Sullivan and is a possible title favoutie

F3 looks to be mini in the prema, in f3 we have son watch with Charlie Wurz. Son of ex Benetton, Mcalren and willaims driver Alex
Also some motorsport news

Winter series are taking place in the UAE with f4 UAE and formula regional Middle East. F4 uae is currently being led by the consistent Freddie slater from Keanu Al Azhari. FRME is currently led by ferrwri junior Tuukka Taponen from Martinius stenshorne

The Daytona 24 is now only with 3 and a half hours remaining. Campbell leads in his Penske Porsche from the caddy of jack aitken, it looks with these 2 for victory. The other factory Porsche went off anout 20 mins ago

The Monte Carlo eally was won by Hyundais Thierry nuevllie
7 mins to go. It’s Felipe nasr leading. Tom blomqviest 2nd. Less than a second between them. Nasr in the
Porwche. Tom in the caddy
The 7 Porsche wins! I think. Chequered flag seemed a lap early. Nasr is keeping going
All launch dates have been annocued, I’ll be trying to update the OP, but have no access to my. Laptop as it’s buried in my room and I have had surgery this week so can’t do lifting

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Here's all the launch dates in one graphic. I'll let you decide if you fancy updating the first post.

It all starts on the 2nd of Feb with Haas.

Spoiler

F1 has rejected Andrettis entry bid.
Reply 37
F1 has rejected Andrettis entry bid.

What happens next,?
A bit silly with regards to new teams then. I don't know who is going to be more credible than Andretti aligned with Cadillac.
Original post by Rakas21
What happens next,?

Nothing really, entires will open again for 2028

Quick Reply

Latest