The Student Room Group

TSR official 2024 formula one thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Admit-One
A bit silly with regards to new teams then. I don't know who is going to be more credible than Andretti aligned with Cadillac.

It’s a joke to be hoenst.
Big rumours that hamitlon to Ferrari in 2025 is happening
Carlos Sainz hasn’t been treated well.
Reply 43
Original post by Andrew97

Given their recent history of flopping, that would be pretty insane.

I'd put the chances of that happening at 25%, the idea that he'd risk being shown up by LeClerc is insane.

On the other hand, if he's prepared to retire then I suppose a 2 year hail Mary for the new rule changes might be worth it with an exit at that end of 2026 if it all goes wrong.

Personally, if I were him I'd be pushing a McLaren move.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Driving_Mad
Carlos Sainz hasn’t been treated well.

Yeah, if true and I were him I’d either go for the Audi drive or checos red bull seat
Original post by Rakas21

I'd put the chances of that happening at 25%, the idea that he'd risk being shown up by LeClerc is insane.

On the other hand, if he's prepared to retire then I suppose a 2 year hail Mary for the new rule changes might be worth it with an exit at that end of 2026 if it all goes wrong.

Sounds like it’s a done deal.
Reply 45
Yeah, if true and I were him I’d either go for the Audi drive or checos red bull seat

Sounds like it’s a done deal.

If LeClerc has not approved this then this is going to end very badly.
Merc Internal meeting at 14:00 today is expected to confirm Lewis is off.

Surprising on the one hand, but it's now or never for Lewis if he wants to tick this one off his bucket list.
Reply 47
The question then is whether it’s Ocon, Anachelli or a suprise to Mercedes then.

Que Alonso.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Rakas21
The question then is whether it’s Ocon, Anachelli or a suprise to Mercedes then.

Que Alonso.

Sainz or ablon maybe
Reply 49
Sainz or ablon maybe

Would be surprised if it’s Sainz (fantastic timing for Perez though or the Hulk) but Albion or Gasly is a good shout.

Toto was the one who apparently wanted Bottas out for fresh talent though which suggests they might bet on Russel as number 1 and bring in Annotelli unless they can bribe Norris.
(edited 2 months ago)
Albon would be a heck of a comeback story. I think he's done enough to justify giving him a go for a year at least. There are a lot of contracts coming up for 2026 so they'd be options then.

A swap for Sainz is the obvious choice, but I've personally never rated him that highly.
Original post by Rakas21
Would be surprised if it’s Sainz (fantastic timing for Perez though or the Hulk) but Albion or Gasly is a good shout.

Toto was the one who apparently wanted Bottas out for fresh talent though which suggests they might bet on Russel as number 1 and bring in Annotelli unless they can bribe Norris.

Sainz is obvious choice as he’s available. Hulk don’t see that. Albon and Gasly maybw. Norris is locked in at McLaren so no chance
Albon would be a heck of a comeback story. I think he's done enough to justify giving him a go for a year at least. There are a lot of contracts coming up for 2026 so they'd be options then.

A swap for Sainz is the obvious choice, but I've personally never rated him that highly.

He seems the best choice, out of contract, won’t be massively expensive, and merc csn tie in Antonelli in any Albon deal
Sainz is obvious choice as he’s available. Hulk don’t see that. Albon and Gasly maybw. Norris is locked in at McLaren so no chance

He seems the best choice, out of contract, won’t be massively expensive, and merc csn tie in Antonelli in any Albon deal

Symapthies to Mick Schumacher. Has been waiting in the wings for exactly this opportunity and probably still won't get the chance.
Huge rumour that Lewis is replacing sainz next year at Ferrari.
Was going to post last night but it seems there is a lot more traction today in all f1 media
Original post by quasa
Huge rumour that Lewis is replacing sainz next year at Ferrari.
Was going to post last night but it seems there is a lot more traction today in all f1 media

See above mate lol, been discussing thid morning (I’m meant to be working but lol)

How did I miss this 😂 yesterday it was Scorrier reporting it, which a very unreliable source but f1uno (reliable re ferrari) and gds (semi reliable for f1) started this morning
Original post by Rakas21

Mclaren just resigned norris and piastri is on. Longterm contract so that's shut. Red bull he doesn't want to go against max.

Ferrari and merc are the only options minus sauber. He's been linked going for a while but decided to stick with merc for whatever reason but I reckon he feels he isn't top dog anymore. What's interesting is the leclerc dynamic, as, no disrespect to georgy boy, leclerc is easily the fastest driver over 1 lap on the grid the last few seasons and is better in all areas vs George. Lewis will be slower in quali I reckon but his race pace will be very good / will be interesting to see how he compares to Charles as leclerc is very inconsistent re tyre wear (either chews them or is great)
Original post by Rakas21

Que Alonso.

Don't you mean antonelli?

Toto has confirmed kimi will be a while before he is in F1 but wouldn't be surprised if he is in merc in 26/27 season.
For now, Albon is the best option imo as he is in williams / vowles and toto will have seen how he is
(edited 2 months ago)
It's official, Lewis is going ferrari in 2025!!!
Confirmed by merc
Reply 58
Symapthies to Mick Schumacher. Has been waiting in the wings for exactly this opportunity and probably still won't get the chance.

Forgot about him to be honest.

Mick is driving alpine in wec this year and is loaded so no worries re that. I'd say if he does go back, it will be as albons replacement tbh at williams (my money is on Albon replacing Lewis, alternatively Alonso could go merc). Sainz id also throw in the ring, with yuki and hulk being dark horses (yuki I reckon will go Aston next year tbh or in 26)

Quick Reply

Latest