The Student Room Group

TSR official 2024 formula one thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by quasa
If Pete windsors rumour is true, albon will be replacing checo next year.

What's interesting is that there is a rumour about James Allison's contract with merc. It's written in a weird way but it either implies that merc locked him in because Aston was trying to poach him Or he is staying put because nando is coming in.

Silly season should be fun

Yeah I’ve seen this rumour. Albon has apparently been offered a 3 yr contract. I can see Albon however being linked to all other 7 teams without 2 drivers to be fair, he along with sainz are the hottest property,

I think lewos will take a few people with him, bono seems to be going. Not seen the James stuff mind you
Original post by Rakas21
The later would not make much sense unless things happened much earlier than expected and Toto kept it quiet.

The Lewis stuff seems to have happened quite quickly by all accounts from mercs side. I do think hiwever McLaren confirming Lando was linked to that
Rumours of Hamilton Ferrari contract are insane. 100mill is the figure being quoted plus Ferrari will get fully behind the diversity and inclusion stuff personally supported by John elkann. Merc were apparently not going to make Lewis a brand ambassador for years after he left f1.

Bascislly eklann gave Lewis a blank sheet of paper and said “write what you want on here and I’ll sort it”
So let’s give this a go and see how wrong I am.

2025 lineup predictions

Red bull

Max Verstappen
Daniel Ricciardo

Ferrwri
Chalres Leclerc
Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes
George Russell
Alex Albon

Aston Martin
Fernando Alonso
Lance stroll

McLaren
Lando Norris
Oscar Piastri

Sauber stake
Carlos sainz
Theo Pouchaire

Haas
Ollie Bearman
Nico hulkenburg/kmag

Willaims
Andrea Antonelli
Not a clue

Alpine
Pierre Gasly
Esteban Ocon

Alpha tuari
Liam Lawson
Yuki Tsuonda
Reply 83
Original post by Andrew97

2025 lineup predictions

Red bull

Max Verstappen
Daniel Ricciardo

Ferrwri
Chalres Leclerc
Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes
George Russell
Alex Albon

Aston Martin
Fernando Alonso
Lance stroll

McLaren
Lando Norris
Oscar Piastri

Sauber stake
Carlos sainz
Theo Pouchaire

Haas
Ollie Bearman
Nico hulkenburg/kmag

Willaims
Andrea Antonelli
Not a clue

Alpine
Pierre Gasly
Esteban Ocon

Alpha tuari
Liam Lawson
Yuki Tsuonda

I'll probably be even more wrong but..

Red Bull
Verstappen
Riccardo

Ferrari
LeClerc
Hamilton

Mercedes
Russel
Ocon

Aston
Stroll
Alonso

McLaren
Norris
Piastri

Sauber
Sainz
Hulk

Haas
Ferrari Moneybag 1
Ferrari Moneybag 2

Williams
Albon
Antonelli

Alpine
Gasly
Zhou

Alpha Tauri
Tsunoda
Lawson

For mine, I don't think Mercedes will go outside the camp unless it's for Alonso so I suspect that they will bet on Russell and use Ocon as a filler until Antonelli proves himself.

I sadly think that Checo won't be offered a drive good enough to stay on the grid (he's made it clear he won't go to the back of the grid) unless Alonso goes.

I think that Puscher has arrived at the wrong time. By the sounds of it, Audi have decided they want Sainz and the Hulk and recent events mean they can get them quicker.

Albon I think enjoys being number 1 and doesn't want to move sideways so I actually suspect he'll reject an Alpha Tauri offer from Horner. Suspect Antonelli is more or less a done deal at whichever point he wins F2 (perhaps Sargent stays an extra year).

Alpine are pretty stuck and won't attract more than mid tier and lost Piastri so I think Zhou as their man is probably a good bet unless they poach a rookie like Pourchet.

Tsunoda is still waiting for an Aston opening and I think Stroll will stay. Lawson did well enough to justify a proper drive.

Jean Haas has made it clear that he wants money above all else and Perez won't go, we have no known oil drivers in the wings so I expect two Ferrari academy drivers. Not sure who's won F2 recently.
Rumours of Hamilton Ferrari contract are insane. 100mill is the figure being quoted plus Ferrari will get fully behind the diversity and inclusion stuff personally supported by John elkann. Merc were apparently not going to make Lewis a brand ambassador for years after he left f1.

Bascislly eklann gave Lewis a blank sheet of paper and said “write what you want on here and I’ll sort it”

From what I gather 87.5 is salary and the rest is going to his initiative.
I read the same thing and it seems that the possible merc targets are bono (ferrari and Lewis want him but bono is still undecided), shovlin (great asset for race engineering), Mike sansoni (performance engineer / simulator engineer) and ricciardo musconi (head of trackside engineering).

What's interesting is that Fred has in the last year been in talks with pierre Wache at red bull. If Wache goes, it would be a massive coup as he was the lead designer for the rb18, rb19 and rb20 / is an aero guru.

If these rumours come true, ferrari could be a terrifying force of nature with 2 of the best drivers on the grid (one is the fastest in terms of raw speed, the other is statistically the goat in terms of poles and wins) , red bull aero, Mercedes mechanical and in season development prowess (also supposedly Ferrari and merc are in more advanced engine design stages than the other manufacturers)
(edited 2 months ago)

2025 lineup predictions

Red bull

Max Verstappen
Daniel Ricciardo

Ferrwri
Chalres Leclerc
Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes
George Russell
Alex Albon

Aston Martin
Fernando Alonso
Lance stroll

McLaren
Lando Norris
Oscar Piastri

Sauber stake
Carlos sainz
Theo Pouchaire

Haas
Ollie Bearman
Nico hulkenburg/kmag

Willaims
Andrea Antonelli
Not a clue

Alpine
Pierre Gasly
Esteban Ocon

Alpha tuari
Liam Lawson
Yuki Tsuonda

I'll bite with the predictions. Here are possible lists I which are more intruiging.

Red Bull
Max verstappen
Alex Albon

Ferrari
Charles leclerc
Lewis hamilton

Mercedes
Fernando Alonso
George Russell

Mclaren
Lando Norris
Oscar Piastri

Aston
Carlos Sainz jr
Yuki Tsunoda

Alpine
Esteban ocon
Pierre Gasly

Visa cash app rb
Liam Lawson
Daniel Ricciardo

Williams
Mick Schumacher
Kimi Antonelli

Stake kick sauber
Theo pourchaire
Zhou guanyu

Haas
Nico Hulkenberg
Ollie Bearman

Other interesting scenario for me I reckon would be

Red Bull
Max Verstappen
Yuki Tsunoda

Ferrari
Charles
Lewis

Mercedes
Russell
Albon

Mclaren
Lando
Oscar

Aston
Nando
Stroll

Alpine
Ocon
Victor Martins

Rb
Ricciardo
Lawson

Williams
Checo
Antonelli / mick

Sauber
Sainz
Pourchaire

Haas
Hulkenberg
Zhou

No offence to bottas but I reckon his days are numbered. He isn't outperforming Zhou as expected and looks to be in it for the sake of it.

Checo barring an unbelievably good spell this year will be leaving rb. Question is where does he go as he comes with a huge pay packet.

Stroll is on borrowed time tbh.

The 2nd red bull seat for me is between albon, sainz and possibly yuki (if yuki continues his upward trajectory). Ricciardo I reckon is just copium tbh.

Ferrari and mclaren are locked in for 2025, so no point guessing them.

Mercedes - Russells teammate I reckon Alonso, and albon are the strongest candidates. Sainz is a 3rd option potentially but any option will be a stopgap for antonelli in 2026.

Aston is a big question mark as to weather both, 1 or 0 drivers are leaving. Alonso may go if offered a seat at merc or rb (merc is strong as him and Russell are very close/ get on well). Yuki is expected to join for 2025/2026 as Aston will be switching to Honda PUs. Stroll is a question mark as there were many times in 2023 where he didn't looked bothered at all.

Alpine is tricky as whilst ocon is contracted to merc, I doubt merc will ask him to replace Lewis considering there are way more candidates (he is great on his day but others are more consistent and faster). Gasly is similar story tbh.

Williams I see at least 1, if not both drivers going. I doubt albon is staying for next year, whereas Sargent may be lucky however toto could force both kimi and and schumi Jr in both cars. (maybe Zhou could be a pay driver if kimi or mick aren't an option)

Stake would be interesting to see what happens. A long standing rumour is sainz Jr will be joining them for their Audi transition. With this in mind, I'd go for pourchaire as their 2nd driver, however zhous identity may keep him there for 2025.

Haas
They need money and hulk seems like the better of their 2 options. Problem is, hulk is also likely to leave if given an option. Bearman will get seat 2 if he wins f2 but doubt he will get the seat if he doesn't win it this season
Reply 86
The money is still on Alonso but increasing rumour that Vettel wants to replicate Schumi.
Some allegations have been made against Christian Horner, they are being investigated
Christian Horner has been advised to resign. Concrete revelations will be revealed tomorrow.
Original post by Driving_Mad
Christian Horner has been advised to resign. Concrete revelations will be revealed tomorrow.

ffs, silly season has well and truly started early this year :lol: the last few weeks have seen stiener and resta leave Haas, hamilton jump ship to ferrari and now this.
does this mean max is to jump ship to merc if horner cant steer it?

rumour has it toto and zak were there as well as it was some ski race in kitzbuhel
(edited 2 months ago)
kick sauber are launching their new car live on sky f1 / online
thats a lotta green and black
car definitely looks different to last year.
EDIT - nose looks like a slim nose in line with last year's merc / f1-75 from 2022.
Sidepods from the video look like a clone of the RB-19 but the renders look more like a mini waterslide.
theyve gone for a huge cannon outlet / integrated with halo. Looks very chunky vs last years cars and this year's Haas and Williams.
floor looks basic in the vid and renders but are likely to change everything in bahrain.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by quasa
ffs, silly season has well and truly started early this year :lol: the last few weeks have seen stiener and resta leave Haas, hamilton jump ship to ferrari and now this.
does this mean max is to jump ship to merc if horner cant steer it?

rumour has it toto and zak were there as well as it was some ski race in kitzbuhel

Making up for nothing happening in 2023. See how the Horner thing develops. The rumour, and I stress rumours, say it was innapropriate pictures
Original post by quasa
thats a lotta green and black

I kinda like it. People moan about all liveries saying the same and will moan about this different one
I kinda like it. People moan about all liveries saying the same and will moan about this different one

I dont mind the green and black tbh, but, like the Haas, it just looks like theyve painted some colour to what is essentially a black car.
So far Id say mclaren have the best livery this year.
Looking forward to seeing ferrari, alpine and merc's liveries. Alpine are allegedly adding more patterns to their paint, whereas ferrari are supposedly basing their paintwork of their las vegas livery from last year (which imo was the best livery from the last few seasons).
Some other snippets from today.

Sprint weekends will be the following format

Friday
Fp1, sprint qualy

Saturday
Sprint race, race qualy

Sunday
Race

DRS will now be available after 1 lap from a race start or SC retsrat rather rhsn 2
Original post by quasa
I dont mind the green and black tbh, but, like the Haas, it just looks like theyve painted some colour to what is essentially a black car.
So far Id say mclaren have the best livery this year.
Looking forward to seeing ferrari, alpine and merc's liveries. Alpine are allegedly adding more patterns to their paint, whereas ferrari are supposedly basing their paintwork of their las vegas livery from last year (which imo was the best livery from the last few seasons).

All teams will be going that route save red bull.
V-Carb will look different as well to the AT did last year

Quick Reply

Latest