The Student Room Group

Leaving during term time 2 days before vacation

Hi
I’m an international undergraduate student
My winter vacation is from 8 December but I want to travel outside of the UK from 6 December. But I have lectures on those two days. Honestly, I’ve always left the uk like few days before every vacation and it has never been a problem but I’ve recently found out I am not allowed to leave the uk during term time. Is that fine or it may affect my student visa or will there be any complication in the future?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi
My winter vacation is from 8 December but I want to travel outside of the UK from 6 December. But I have lectures on those two days. Honestly, I’ve always left the uk like few days before every vacation and it has never been a problem but I’ve recently found out I am not allowed to leave the uk during term time. Is that fine or it may affect my student visa or will there be any complication in the future?

Hi there , I'm sorry to hear that you are having a bit of an issue .
I am an international student as well and have not had this issue before but understand why it is stressing you .
I advise you to get in contact with your student visa team - at DMU our team can be contacted with any visa related queries and experienced personnel will provide answers.
Try to find the team at your university, or if you are a student with us, you can email our visa advice team and they will help you out.
I hope this helps

Cece
Energy Engineering student
De Montfort University .
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi

Who has said you can't leave the UK during term time? Is it a condition of your visa, or is it a university policy?

I suspect most universities have a policy that you're expected to be in attendance for the whole of term time -- in particular you're expected to attend all academic commitments: lectures, seminars, practical sessions, etc. There's probably a process by which you can request permission to be absent.

If you need advice regarding your visa, you need to get that from your university's visa team. They should have the necessary knowledge and training to answer your question.
Hi there,

I am an International Student myself so we do have different requirements regarding attendance, etc.

But the fact that you have been informed that you cannot leave the UK during term time is odd. Especially that it's only two days and us, international students, have a bigger stuggle when it goes to travelling abroad during winter break.

I would advise you to reach out to your university's International Team as well as speak to you course leader or director and ask for their opinion. Surely if you are a great student with great attendance this shouldn't be a problem.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending