The Student Room Group

Can someone please give feedback on my Paper 2 Question 5 introduction

The question is :‘Parents today are overprotective.They should let their children take part in adventurous,even risky,activities to prepare them for later life.’
Write an article for a broadsheet newspaper in which you argue for or against this statement
Heres my introduction:We all find rules to be restrictive, restraining and repressing. It feels as though we are in pitch black darkness, restricted by the narrow beam of light that shines from our torch. We argue rules limit our viewpoint and are destined to be broken. However law and order is central to our society. A world without rules would be seen as unorderly and uncivilised. We need rules in order for our world to be seen as coherent . Do you want to be seen as a bestial barbarian?
Adventurous and/or risky activities are not necessarily illegal.
Original post by chocomallow
So do you think I should change the topic

I think you are confusing the rules our parents give us (e.g. be home before dark) with the rules society gives us (e.g. do not steal). The question is only about the rules our parents give us and what they mean for us.

The question is asking you to pick a side, whereas you introduce the case for both sides.

Reply 3
Original post by TheLetterZ

I think you are confusing the rules our parents give us (e.g. be home before dark) with the rules society gives us (e.g. do not steal). The question is only about the rules our parents give us and what they mean for us.

The question is asking you to pick a side, whereas you introduce the case for both sides.

ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest