The Student Room Group

Pre-interview reading HSPS Cambridge?

I've recently been called for an interview to read HSPS at Cambridge. I have two interviews - one with a pre-interview reading. Does anyone know what to expect from this? I don't really know how to prepare.
Original post by Hah122
I've recently been called for an interview to read HSPS at Cambridge. I have two interviews - one with a pre-interview reading. Does anyone know what to expect from this? I don't really know how to prepare.

You'll be provided with an article to read, which will then be discussed in the interview itself. It's nothing more complicated than that.

One piece of advice would be to ensure you read the entire article (and don't get bogged-down taking such detailed notes that you don't manage to get through the whole article.)

If your interviews are on-line, then the article will be on-line too. So you'll see it via the screen-sharing feature of whatever video calling software your college is using. This may well mean you having to ask the person in the other end of the call (likely a current student) to scroll down every now and again.

(They can't just e-mail you the article, as you could simply forward it to another candidate having an interview on a subsequent date.)
Can I ask what your a levels were and your predicted/achieved grades? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending