The Student Room Group

Foundation Year at Cambridge 2022

Hi, is anyone else considering applying to the Foundation Year at Cambridge starting in 2022? I’d love to hear from any other prospective applicants!😊

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tiegan.x16
Hi, is anyone else considering applying to the Foundation Year at Cambridge starting in 2022? I’d love to hear from any other prospective applicants!😊

I am! What subject(s) are you hoping to study, within the course?

same here, for hsps! what a levels are you currently doing?
Reply 3

Hello! I'm applying for the Foundation Year with hopes of studying English at Cambridge afterwards. As someone who was a prospective Oxbridge applicant before falling ill for years and dropping out of school, this seems like the perfect course for me! I'm currently studying an Access course in Medicine as I was hoping to apply to medical school but I soon realised that I don't think that's right for me right now.

Is anyone else applying as a mature student? I'll be 21 when the course starts and I'm debating whether or not to apply to one of the mature colleges that are offering the course or to not. I'm stuck between Wolfson, Downing and Newnham.

I'd also love to hear from any other applicants :biggrin:
For anyone unaware, there is an open evening for the foundation course on the 29th of September.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi im applying! I was homeless/ in emergency accomodation after fleeing domestic violence in year 12, so i missed around 5 months of education :frown: I want to study poli sci and IR possibly hopefully after. I applied via UCAS, but am still waiting for the email to fill out eligibility x
Reply 6
Original post by IzzyBee100
Hi im applying! I was homeless/ in emergency accomodation after fleeing domestic violence in year 12, so i missed around 5 months of education :frown: I want to study poli sci and IR possibly hopefully after. I applied via UCAS, but am still waiting for the email to fill out eligibility x

Hello! It's so nice to hear from other applicants :smile: I just sent off my application via UCAS but literally minutes later realised that I made a mistake in my personal statement. I accidentally said that Owen Wilson wrote Chavs: The Demonisation of the Working Class and not Owen Jones :frown: I've read that book so many times and I still make that mistake! I hope I can amend it in the questionnaire they send you oops

I wish you all the luck in the application process!
Original post by drac0nis
Hello! It's so nice to hear from other applicants :smile: I just sent off my application via UCAS but literally minutes later realised that I made a mistake in my personal statement. I accidentally said that Owen Wilson wrote Chavs: The Demonisation of the Working Class and not Owen Jones :frown: I've read that book so many times and I still make that mistake! I hope I can amend it in the questionnaire they send you oops

I wish you all the luck in the application process!

DO NOT STRESS! All they care about is wider reading and seeing that you are in love with your subject!
Hi I am applying for the foundation year - hoping to study HSPS after !
Thinking of applying- do you think Being a low income student on free school meals for the past six years is enough to fulfil the criteria?
Original post by Cocaiaaa
Thinking of applying- do you think Being a low income student on free school meals for the past six years is enough to fulfil the criteria?

Hi, you can check the eligibility criteria at https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/foundation-year.
do you hear anything back after submitting the fysaq? or is it just a wait game for the assessment
Original post by Anonymous
do you hear anything back after submitting the fysaq? or is it just a wait game for the assessment

Thanks for posting. The next step is for the colleges and University to review eligible applications. Those selected for the next stage will then be asked to complete an assessment in advance of interview.

It is likely that you won't hear anything further until the end of February at the earliest.
Original post by St Edmund's Admission
Thanks for posting. The next step is for the colleges and University to review eligible applications. Those selected for the next stage will then be asked to complete an assessment in advance of interview.

It is likely that you won't hear anything further until the end of February at the earliest.

If you’re shortlisted for the admissions assessments, are you automatically shortlisted for interviews as well? Or would the latter depend on a candidates’ test scores in the admissions test?
Original post by anonymous123ugan
If you’re shortlisted for the admissions assessments, are you automatically shortlisted for interviews as well? Or would the latter depend on a candidates’ test scores in the admissions test?

My understanding is that being asked to sit the assessment goes hand in hand with an invitation to interview and that there is not a further shortlisting from the assessment. However, this is a new process so I can't 100% promise that this will always be the case for everyone and in all circumstances.
Hi everyone! Applied for the foundation year early Jan and aiming to study HSPS:smile: coming across the foundation year was honestly the best thing, it felt “perfect” for me in a sense but ofc that’s for admissions to decide! Just wanted to double check to see if it’s normal to not have had any correspondence after sending off the questionnaire? Also, if you are shortlisted I’m assuming you’d hear by email and not UCAS?
i

Hi everyone! Applied for the foundation year early Jan and aiming to study HSPS:smile: coming across the foundation year was honestly the best thing, it felt “perfect” for me in a sense but ofc that’s for admissions to decide! Just wanted to double check to see if it’s normal to not have had any correspondence after sending off the questionnaire? Also, if you are shortlisted I’m assuming you’d hear by email and not UCAS?

i’m gonna assume that until we are told about the assessment we won’t hear anything till then? I also didn’t get any dither correspondence after filling out the fysaq so i’m sure that’s just how it is
i

i’m gonna assume that until we are told about the assessment we won’t hear anything till then? I also didn’t get any dither correspondence after filling out the fysaq so i’m sure that’s just how it is

Yes you should wait to hear once you've submitted the FYSAQ.
Original post by St Edmund's Admission
Yes you should wait to hear once you've submitted the FYSAQ.

hi, i wanted to confirm whether or not the foundation year automatically lets you into the undergraduate course (provided the needed grades at the end of it) or if you have to do ucas all over again and apply to cambridge once more?
hi, i wanted to confirm whether or not the foundation year automatically lets you into the undergraduate course (provided the needed grades at the end of it) or if you have to do ucas all over again and apply to cambridge once more?

I'm sure you're not the only one with that question so thanks for posting! Provided you meet the progression requirements you will move on to the undergraduate degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending