The Student Room Group

Criminology Controlled Assesment

Hello, my teacher hasn't told us what is on our controlled assessment NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Uh Oh!)
This is our first year running criminology so i am physically unable to ask last years students (Oh No!)
Therefore, I turn to you The Student Room, do you know what is on the controlled assessment
:smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Its isnt an A level.
Original post by TomAusHig
Hello, my teacher hasn't told us what is on our controlled assessment NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Uh Oh!)
This is our first year running criminology so i am physically unable to ask last years students (Oh No!)
Therefore, I turn to you The Student Room, do you know what is on the controlled assessment

hey buddy not sure in the same boat here actually!!!!
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Its isnt an A level.

It's an A level equivalent (Obviously)
(Don't you look like a silly billy)
Original post by McGinger
Its isnt an A level.

It's*
isn't*
Reply 5
Original post by TomAusHig

i can help(ish), im yr 13 so doing my unit 3 soon
anyway, for unit 1, which icl i have kinda forgotten but --
hopefully you've got notes? each question is on each ac, so if you've been taught in order, it does stick in that order. the questions can slightly change, ie only wanting you to talk about specific crimes, not all the ones you've learnt about.
there's a lot about under-reported crimes and why they're under-reported, and then also media-related things, ie moral panic, and various campaigns for change (ie dignity in dying, clare's law, sarah's law etc)
there's quite a lot of quizlets out there with stuff to help you

then you'll also be asked to make a campaign for change, about a crime stated in the brief, which is an unknown until you get in the exam. in this part, you can use the internet to make resources (like mugs, posters, etc)

the worst thing is that you can't go back to your answers from the day before, so you do have to write so quickly, because for me, i felt the timings were actually very tight

hopefully this helps? good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending