The Student Room Group

Applying to Russel group with bad GCSEs and a levels

Do I have a chance getting in to a ABB course with BBD and 333444456 at gcse? I have a 4 in maths and 6 in Lang. The threes are in bio physics and Spanish which isn’t relevant to the degree but idk..It’s sociology so not competitive and I’ve worked a lot on my PS to help cover the hrades. Or should I not bother at all… I’m hoping to apply to Liverpool and Nottingham as I fulfil their contextual offers BBB
(edited 4 months ago)
Maybe try and apply for a foundation year for those subjects if you want to apply to a Russell group.

Also for most courses you will need a minimum of a 4 in Maths and 5 English Language in GCSE.

Your best bet is to contact the uni for their advice and ask if it would be worth you applying.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by TTAva2000
Do I have a chance getting in to a ABB course with BBD and 333444456 at gcse? I have a 4 in maths and 6 in Lang. The threes are in bio physics and Spanish which isn’t relevant to the degree but idk..It’s sociology so not competitive and I’ve worked a lot on my PS to help cover the hrades. Or should I not bother at all… I’m hoping to apply to Liverpool and Nottingham as I fulfil their contextual offers BBB

Unless you are eligible for contextual (and even then it is a bit of a push and I would not apply without checking first) I would think this will be an immediate rejection. I agree that Sociology is not likely to be super competitive at those unis but you are likely just too far away from the standard offer.

As above, you can contact to check but they may well tell you they'd need you to be retaking at least two AL.s (Not sure whether Sociology at the unis have a Maths requirement as well.)
Reply 3
Any application with an achieved D grade to a Uni wanting A grades will almost certainly be an immediate No.

Apply to Unis that want BBC or 112 UCAS points and you might get some offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending