The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE grades good enough?

I received my results on Thursday and I was wondering if my grades were good enough for a top uni (preferably Russell group) I got 4 A*s, 4 As & 1 B. I plan on studying Biomedical sciences at uni (although still not 100% sure).
Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 1
Of course they are well done
Reply 2
Original post by Ftxxj
Of course they are well done

Thanks :colondollar: Do you think I could apply to oxbridge & have a chance?:smile:
Reply 3
Yaaaasss go for it
100% fine!! The main factor is A level grades so work hard on these. And for oxbridge, cambridge do not care one bit about GCSE's but oxford do. So I would advise against applying for oxford. Tbh you haven't got bad grades so you may stand a chance at oxford!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Ftxxj
Yaaaasss go for it

Thank you!! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Mathsmad123
100% fine!! The main factor is A level grades so work hard on these. And for oxbridge, cambridge do not care one bit about GCSE's but oxford do. So I would advise against applying for oxford. Tbh you haven't got bad grades so you may stand a chance at oxford!

I am going to try my hardest at a levels to make up for that B at gcse :biggrin: I plan on studying biomedical science at uni, which Cambridge don't offer, but Oxford do, although, of course, I'm not 100% decided on that course yet. Thanks so much for your help. :smile:
did you get in??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending