The Student Room Group

GCSEs effecting uni

Hey guys I literally did so mediocre in my GCSEs I got a 7, and rest 6s but I still want to go to a pretty good university obviously not Oxford and Cambridge could I still get in
Depending which subject you want to apply to, any uni potentially including Oxford or Cambridge...

GCSEs are really considerably less important than students on TSR think they are, if you passed maths and English.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Depending which subject you want to apply to, any uni potentially including Oxford or Cambridge...

GCSEs are really considerably less important than students on TSR think they are, if you passed maths and English.

Oh okay that helps alot I’m not sure exactly what course I want to study
Original post by Bess2007

Well for now focus on that and on doing well I'm your A-level studies :smile:

Both unis have lots of ccourses available (more than at first glance as many if the degrees they list on offer gave multiple tracks in them e.g. natural sciences ir archaeology at Cambridge, AMES at Oxford etc). Also remember many are things you'll never have studied at A-level! (For example Sanskrit, Assyriology, biological anthropology, earth sciences etc).
Original post by Bess2007

Some courses do require you do have a specific GCSE but this varies between universities and courses so once you have an idea of the route you'd like to take it's worth looking into the entry requirements early to make sure you can meet them.

What are you studying at the moment? Is there anything you really enjoy? Don't panic if you don't know what you want to be doing in 5 years, I'm still not sure and I have finished my MSc! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending