The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

MSc Speech and Language Therapy Uni of Reading 2024 Application

Scroll to see replies

Hey
I have been invited for interview next month. Excited but apprehensive. I have a 5 year old so I am trying to navigate if 9-5/6 is the typical University timetable? Or whether we may have some half days, so I would have the option of juggling a few drop offs/ collections. Appreciate the course is condensed and full on. (Appreciate this is all interview pending, haha!)
Thanks 🙂
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hey
I have been invited for interview next month. Excited but apprehensive. I have a 5 year old so I am trying to navigate if 9-5/6 is the typical University timetable? Or whether we may have some half days, so I would have the option of juggling a few drop offs/ collections. Appreciate the course is condensed and full on. (Appreciate this is all interview pending, haha!)
Thanks 🙂

Hi there, my understanding from talking to the uni is that the timetable will be approx 9-5 everyday. There may be 1/2 hour gaps in the middle but I think that's all.
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hey
Thanks 🙂

Hey!

Congratulations on getting an interview - that's super exciting!

I'm currently in my final year of the MSci at Reading, so have a slightly different experience of timetabling as our course is 4 years so set out a little different, but from my experience of our timetables and from hearing things from the MSc cohorts, I would suggest to expect 9-6 for most days. You may have some variation here and there, but as a general, it's probably safest to assume a full day most of the time as the course is quite busy and it's better to overestimate the time you'll be in than underestimate it, and any other free time is a bonus! However, the tutors are all really approachable and understanding, and if you do have any childcare issues for whatever reason, they will always try to accommodate/support you as best they can. There are a few mum's in my cohort, and again, it's slightly different as we're on the MSci, but they've been able to have some flexibility here and there where needed, so never be afraid to talk to the team if you have any worries or questions.

If you have any questions about the course or anything, do ask away and I can try and speak from my MSci experience and apply to MSc as best as I can!

Good luck with your interview!

Skye 🙂
4th Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending