The Student Room Group

Graduation gown question- urgent

I have my graduation on Wednesday. It’s only my year group and maybe some masters students. I totally forgot to preorder a gown and I am now terrified and panicking. Is it likely that there will be a gown available on the day?
Reply 1
Original post by flamingolover
I have my graduation on Wednesday. It’s only my year group and maybe some masters students. I totally forgot to preorder a gown and I am now terrified and panicking. Is it likely that there will be a gown available on the day?

No, you need to speak to Ede & Ravenscroft (or equivalent) ASAP.

Hi @flamingolover,

I'm not sure which university you are graduating from, but I know here at UCLan you can hire a cap and gown on the day. Other companies at other uni's might do the same so please try not to worry or get in touch with their graduation team to double check.

All the best and congrats on graduating next week. 😊
Sarah
Original post by gjd800
No, you need to speak to Ede & Ravenscroft (or equivalent) ASAP.

I mean I’ve contacted them but they didn’t get back to me and I registered my interest for a gown on the day. Do you not think there will be a gown spare?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @flamingolover,

I'm not sure which university you are graduating from, but I know here at UCLan you can hire a cap and gown on the day. Other companies at other uni's might do the same so please try not to worry or get in touch with their graduation team to double check.

All the best and congrats on graduating next week. 😊
Sarah

Okay brilliant thank you! My university (uni of nottingham) had an order on the day price on the website so I presume they have spares
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 5
I mean I’ve contacted them but they didn’t get back to me and I registered my interest for a gown on the day. Do you not think there will be a gown spare?

"I’ve contacted them but they didn’t get back to me" -- you need to phone them up and speak to someone. Don't try to do time-sensitive stuff like this by email.

If you get this arranged in advance, then it will make things much easier on the day as they should have the required items put to one side with your name on them.

If you do have to arrange things on the day, then make sure you get to the robing area as early as you can.

Try and phone their office on Saturday morning; it's possible that there will be someone in. Otherwise, phone first thing on Monday morning.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by martin7
"I’ve contacted them but they didn’t get back to me" -- you need to phone them up and speak to someone. Don't try to do time-sensitive stuff like this by email.

If you get this arranged in advance, then it will make things much easier on the day as they should have the required items put to one side with your name on them.

If you do have to arrange things on the day, then make sure you get to the robing area as early as you can.

Try and phone their office on Saturday morning; it's possible that there will be someone in. Otherwise, phone first thing on Monday morning.

I couldn’t find a phone number. When I went to the contact us page it was just fill in a form otherwise I would have phoned!
Reply 7

I’m in the same boat!! What happened, did you managed to call? We’re there enough gowns to order on the day! My graduation in Thursday!!
Original post by lucky catt
I’m in the same boat!! What happened, did you managed to call? We’re there enough gowns to order on the day! My graduation in Thursday!!

Didn’t manage to get in contact with anyone. My uni said they should have enough. I turned up on the day and they had absolutely loads. Size wasn’t quite right but yeah they had more than enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending