The Student Room Group

Btec business unit 6 Principles of management exam 2024

Scroll to see replies

Would Motivation be an issue, and can I write a paragraph about each factor in Maslow's Hierarchy Of Needs as I have linked every factor to the case study?
Reply 81
Original post by david119389
Would Motivation be an issue, and can I write a paragraph about each factor in Maslow's Hierarchy Of Needs as I have linked every factor to the case study?

Yes motivation is an issue, you could talk about the social factors and how the canteen and accommodation being taken away has impacted employee satisfaction.
I have practised some answers if anyone would like to see it.
Original post by ma.s
Yes motivation is an issue, you could talk about the social factors and how the canteen and accommodation being taken away has impacted employee satisfaction.
I have practised some answers if anyone would like to see it.

Yes , can u send it to me pls
Original post by dianaricaca7288
I haven't used studocu but last year I bought from stuvia for the marketing exam (exam example) and it was pretty decent. Bought notes from btecbusinessnotes on the Saxon case study today and I'd say they're useful. I'd recommend looking at other threads to see if anyone has experience with them

can u send it to me the btecbusinessnotes
Reply 84
Hi All, does anyone have any inkling on the business culture and how people work at Saxon Fields theme park?
Reply 85
Original post by Sirtn.17
Firstly, I'm not sure why you're getting overly defensive about this, this forum is supposed to be a discussion about the case study, and not a fierce debate between different interpretations. Secondly, I feel it's needed that I provide a full explanation to ensure that other students are not misled by your inability to comprehend the case study. The case study mentions that due to the shortage of maintenance employees and employees ignoring safety checks, there have been many faults and closures. The staff even mention that they're concerned with the SAFETY of the rides due to reduced maintenance and inspections. Therefore, there are two logical conclusions: The first, is that customer satisfaction will decline, because as rides are often not in operation during peak times, this causes customers to have a poor experience (cannot go on the rides they want, large queues), you can also mention the impact on sales revenue, profit and ranking here. Another valid conclusion, is that staff likely feel less safe, as (imagine yourself) working around heavy metal rides, if you know that inspections and maintenance is being avoided, you will be anxious of faults and at risk of injury (this is explicitly mentioned by the staff in the bullet points of Steven and Sam's meeting, where staff are 'concerned' about safety), therefore, as staff have safety concerns (for themselves and customers), the 'safety' tier of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is not met as the working environment is clearly unsafe for all stakeholders at the park (if you can't comprehend this then I cannot help you), you can expand on this, and explore the impact on motivation, employee satisfaction & labour turnover. Lastly, your remark about getting marks in the case study by only talking about customer's and not staff is simply untrue, if there is a logical conclusion and theory you can bring in, you will absolutely achieve marks regardless of the stakeholder mentioned.

bro did a unit 6 type reply lol
Reply 86
how do i structure my paragraph and what are the questions going to be about
Original post by butterflypeach

Does anyone have the reasons for why Nina does what she does. For example, she micro manages. I need the balance and am struggling with reasons for her actions. I've included that she wants to cut costs etc but if anyone can expand that would be very helpful :smile:

ive questioned whether it’s to do with age of the workers, as they are all students or under 25 maybe it’s got something to do with it :smile: hope that helps
Original post by david119389

hi, i’ve also done maslows hierarchy of needs, can we swap notes?
Reply 89
Original post by Charlmae02

is there any good videos i can watch about how to write a paragraph
Original post by reem12

is there any good videos i can watch about how to write a paragraph

i’ve found studco old exams are great! or even search the paragraph you want on here!
Reply 91
i’ve found studco old exams are great! or even search the paragraph you want on here!

can human resource, impact of change and quality management be a possible question in the exam ?
Original post by reem12

can human resource, impact of change and quality management be a possible question in the exam ?

i genuinely don’t know, i do believe we will have to input HR into it due to Steven and Sam and how they could improve the park, i believe that it will question Nina’s way though x
Could Nina's changes be the title of an issue? For example, in my report could I put Nina's Changes under the issues section and then talk about how it has decreased motivation. Or is motivation another issue?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 94
hi, has anyone got any ideas of what to include in the swot and pestle of the business im really struggling
Reply 95

Hi, is it possible to swap notes on here as my email is currently not working
Original post by ghostin.777
so my teacher said that you can talk about covid, but it also depends on the actual question u get on the day of the exam, like u can bring up covid in ur exam, but dont bother wasting too much time writing about it, because for example, if the question is about functions of leadership, then its not worth too much marks, but if for example, the question is about quality management, you can say covid affected the business's profits which has an impact on the level of quality that SF will be able to provide to consumers

the only reason that the cafe and rides are closed isn't because of COVID hun, its because there's a lack of staff because some have been made redundant and others have been looking for other jobs. but it does depend on the question however I don't think COVID is a valid answer.
Reply 97
what are the topics that can come up from looking at the case study
Reply 98
Original post by shushnot
what are the topics that can come up from looking at the case study

Given the diverse topics outlined in the case study, here’s how you can structure responses for each:
1. Mayo’s Human Relations School of Thought:
Analyze how Nina’s removal of social factors impacted employee satisfaction.
Discuss Mayo’s theory and its relevance to fostering positive social relationships in the workplace.
2. Different Functions of Management:
Examine how functions like planning, organizing, leading, and controlling are manifested in the case study.
Assess how changes in these functions influenced the organization.
3. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs:
Link the removal of employee accommodation to the impact on physiological and safety needs.
Suggest ways to address these needs to enhance employee motivation and satisfaction.
4. Different Leadership Styles:
Compare Nina’s leadership style with the previous manager’s style.
Discuss the impact of leadership on employee morale, motivation, and organizational culture.
5. Business Culture:
Evaluate how changes in management practices have influenced the prevailing business culture.
Propose strategies for fostering a positive and productive organizational culture.
6. Calculating Labour Turnover and Labour Market Analysis:
Demonstrate how to calculate labor turnover using the given data.
Discuss the importance of labor market analysis in strategic workforce planning.
7. Quality Management:
Assess the impact of reduced maintenance on ride safety and customer satisfaction.
Propose strategies for hiring and retaining skilled maintenance employees.
8. Motivation Factors:
Examine both financial and non-financial motivators in the context of the case study.
Recommend ways to enhance motivation among the workforce.
9. Managing Human Resources:
Evaluate how Nina’s management style affected Steven and Sam’s HR functions.
Propose strategies to improve HR management aligned with organizational goals.
10. Tuckman’s Team Building Stages:
Discuss how Nina’s changes disrupted team dynamics.
Propose team-building strategies to restore cohesion.
11. Action Centred Leadership Model:
Analyze how Nina’s management style aligns or conflicts with the Action Centred Leadership Model.
Propose adjustments to align with ACLM principles.
12. Benefits and Drawbacks of Zero Hours and Temporary Contracts:
Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of these contract types.
Discuss the impact on employee morale, commitment, and organizational stability.
13. Decision Making Model:
Apply a decision-making model to assist Steven and Sam in reaching business goals.
Provide a structured approach to resolving challenges.
14. Managing Change:
Assess how Nina handled change and its impact on employees and organizational performance.
Recommend effective change management strategies.
15. Training and Development:
Discuss the importance of training and development in improving employee skills and satisfaction.
Propose a training plan aligned with organizational goals.
By addressing these topics, you will provide a comprehensive and structured analysis of the case study, showcasing your understanding of various management concepts and their application in the context of Saxon Fields Theme Park.
Reply 99
Original post by reem12
how do i structure my paragraph and what are the questions going to be about

Given the diverse topics outlined in the case study, here’s how you can structure responses for each:
1. Mayo’s Human Relations School of Thought:
Analyze how Nina’s removal of social factors impacted employee satisfaction.
Discuss Mayo’s theory and its relevance to fostering positive social relationships in the workplace.
2. Different Functions of Management:
Examine how functions like planning, organizing, leading, and controlling are manifested in the case study.
Assess how changes in these functions influenced the organization.
3. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs:
Link the removal of employee accommodation to the impact on physiological and safety needs.
Suggest ways to address these needs to enhance employee motivation and satisfaction.
4. Different Leadership Styles:
Compare Nina’s leadership style with the previous manager’s style.
Discuss the impact of leadership on employee morale, motivation, and organizational culture.
5. Business Culture:
Evaluate how changes in management practices have influenced the prevailing business culture.
Propose strategies for fostering a positive and productive organizational culture.
6. Calculating Labour Turnover and Labour Market Analysis:
Demonstrate how to calculate labor turnover using the given data.
Discuss the importance of labor market analysis in strategic workforce planning.
7. Quality Management:
Assess the impact of reduced maintenance on ride safety and customer satisfaction.
Propose strategies for hiring and retaining skilled maintenance employees.
8. Motivation Factors:
Examine both financial and non-financial motivators in the context of the case study.
Recommend ways to enhance motivation among the workforce.
9. Managing Human Resources:
Evaluate how Nina’s management style affected Steven and Sam’s HR functions.
Propose strategies to improve HR management aligned with organizational goals.
10. Tuckman’s Team Building Stages:
Discuss how Nina’s changes disrupted team dynamics.
Propose team-building strategies to restore cohesion.
11. Action Centred Leadership Model:
Analyze how Nina’s management style aligns or conflicts with the Action Centred Leadership Model.
Propose adjustments to align with ACLM principles.
12. Benefits and Drawbacks of Zero Hours and Temporary Contracts:
Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of these contract types.
Discuss the impact on employee morale, commitment, and organizational stability.
13. Decision Making Model:
Apply a decision-making model to assist Steven and Sam in reaching business goals.
Provide a structured approach to resolving challenges.
14. Managing Change:
Assess how Nina handled change and its impact on employees and organizational performance.
Recommend effective change management strategies.
15. Training and Development:
Discuss the importance of training and development in improving employee skills and satisfaction.
Propose a training plan aligned with organizational goals.
By addressing these topics, you will provide a comprehensive and structured analysis of the case study, showcasing your understanding of various management concepts and their application in the context of Saxon Fields Theme Park.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending