The Student Room Group

London visit

I may be going up to london with my friend just to spend some time together, we were planning to do the whole day in loads of places - chinatown, oxford street, westfield, portobello market.
Does anyone recommend any cool food shops, clothing or just genuinely cool areas - that are affordable. Because with so many choices around, we dont know where to start even though we visit so often.
Reply 1
Camden Town can be pretty cool! Also around Tottenham Court Road
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I may be going up to london with my friend just to spend some time together, we were planning to do the whole day in loads of places - chinatown, oxford street, westfield, portobello market.
Does anyone recommend any cool food shops, clothing or just genuinely cool areas - that are affordable. Because with so many choices around, we dont know where to start even though we visit so often.

M&M world in leicester square
Not much is affordable lol

https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/visiting-london/experience-london/bus-leisure-routes

Have a look at the abkve though. Bus routes going through nice places to visit. Bus is cheap to use, something May take your fancy
Original post by Anonymous #1

China town is pretty fun - all the food places serve the same food so if you plan to eat at a buffet either go to whichever one has the most Chinese customers or whichever is cheapest.

Pop Boutique is quite a nice shop in Covent gardens. They sell second hand clothes.

I always find Oxford Street too busy and very expensive. Camden has been rather boring since COVID, but the food vendors are quite nice - though the selection of food is overwhelming.

I would suggest going to some of the museums as they are good fun. Especially if its a rainy day.

God's own junkyard is quite cool.

There is a few locations - but My Old Dutch serves the best Dutch style pancakes in London.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending