The Student Room Group

Still waiting on one response - do I withdraw it?

Hi!! So I’ve received 4/5 conditional offers for my chosen course and already know which I would like to accept as my firm and insurance options. However, despite interviewing for all 5 of my options, I’m still waiting on an outcome from one (which I know I’m not going to choose). I am really eager to accept my offer at another Uni but can’t until I hear back from this last one. Do I just withdraw this choice so I can accept the others or is that a bad idea??
Reply 1
Original post by livlaa13
Hi!! So I’ve received 4/5 conditional offers for my chosen course and already know which I would like to accept as my firm and insurance options. However, despite interviewing for all 5 of my options, I’m still waiting on an outcome from one (which I know I’m not going to choose). I am really eager to accept my offer at another Uni but can’t until I hear back from this last one. Do I just withdraw this choice so I can accept the others or is that a bad idea??

First of all congrats on receiving 4 offers that is amazing!!
personally I think if you’re 100% sure you won’t accept the last uni anyways then you might as well go ahead and accept the offer from ur first choice uni, what’s the point of waiting if you’re sure you’re not going to the last choice uni anyways, you know? But then again if it makes you feel better to hear back from them then go ahead with accepting offers then I think you should do that to make you feel better.
Original post by livlaa13

It is a very bad idea. TSR is littered every year who have chosen early then changed their minds and looking to change. It is not a very bright idea to decide on firm and insurance early and there is nothing to gain from it. Attend visit days in the new year then decide but leave it as long as possible to make sure you know where you want to go.
I would never recommend firming and insuring this early unless you have some kind of critical housing situation to finalise.

Worst case, your circumstances change or you go on an offer holder day and hate it. For that reason another option may be useful.
Reply 4
Sit on your hands - and wait.

You have until JUNE to make this decision. Those who wait until at least Easter will make a far better, far more sensible, decision than anyone making it now. It isnt a race. It isnt first one to pick their Firm is the winner - and remember, as soon as you enter your F&I decisions, your other offers just disappear, and you cannot get them back. Wait until you have all your offers/decisions, wait until you have a clearer idea of what grades you may actually get in August and give yourself time to think about this carefully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending