The Student Room Group

Applying with A Levels to Spain

Hi! I’m currently a Y13 student here in England, but I’m looking forward to apply to university in Spain. I want to apply to public universities in Spain and I have already searched up the possible requirements for students from the UK in 2024, but I would really like to know how is the UNEDAssis (the organization which is in charge of managing the admission processes of international students) going to transform my A-Level predicted grades to Spanish grades, and how can I get an “official predicted grades” certificate for submitting in my application. I have already got from my school a certificate signed by my school’s headmaster and a public solicitor in which my predicted grades are stated, but I don’t know if there’s any other requirement….
Reply 1
You need to email those Unis, in Spanish, to ask what their A level requirements are for the degree course that you want to do. Or you could just apply to a UK Uni for a degree with Study Abroad in Spain. Much easier, and you would get UK Student Finance.
Reply 2
You need to check that you don't have to sit PAU/ Selectividad which is a public university exam which Spanish students all do as a kind of extra to their bacherato grades. I think they might have recently exempted foreign students from it. I assume you speak Spanish though as most mainland universities only teach in Spanish. That said I know there is a university in Canaries islands that does undergraduate degrees in English language
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
You need to email those Unis, in Spanish, to ask what their A level requirements are for the degree course that you want to do. Or you could just apply to a UK Uni for a degree with Study Abroad in Spain. Much easier, and you would get UK Student Finance.

I have already thought about it, but I’m an international student in a independent school here in England, and I’m not a candidate for student finance here in the UK, since I’m not a citizen from the UK or a EU country. In the last months, I have been enquiring different UK universities about their scholarship programs for international students, but there are not a lot of options for citizens that aren’t from the EU. I am still doing my UCAS application, but I really don’t think that if I receive an offer, I will be able to pay the more than £25000 per year. I have been thinking about applying to Spain, since the prices for international students are not extremely expensive, but the process seem to be really long
Reply 4
Original post by kaipahead
You need to check that you don't have to sit PAU/ Selectividad which is a public university exam which Spanish students all do as a kind of extra to their bacherato grades. I think they might have recently exempted foreign students from it. I assume you speak Spanish though as most mainland universities only teach in Spanish. That said I know there is a university in Canaries islands that does undergraduate degrees in English language

I have already checked, and for Madrid and Valencia (the autonomous communities where I want to apply), I do not require de EVAU. I saw in the webpage of the government of the UK that they renewed for other 4 years the educational agreement that the UK had with Spain in which it is stated that all students that come from the UK system will be able to enter via the route of EU students and equivalent. I speak Spanish as a first language, so the language is not a problem, but I don’t really know how the convalidating system from A-Levels to Spanish baccalaureate works…
Reply 5
Original post by pilimontaño
Hi! I’m currently a Y13 student here in England, but I’m looking forward to apply to university in Spain. I want to apply to public universities in Spain and I have already searched up the possible requirements for students from the UK in 2024, but I would really like to know how is the UNEDAssis (the organization which is in charge of managing the admission processes of international students) going to transform my A-Level predicted grades to Spanish grades, and how can I get an “official predicted grades” certificate for submitting in my application. I have already got from my school a certificate signed by my school’s headmaster and a public solicitor in which my predicted grades are stated, but I don’t know if there’s any other requirement….

I’m also in year 13 and thinking of applying to Carlos 3rd in Madrid. I have seen this https://www.hagueapostille.co.uk/order-apostille where you pay £94 and they homologate documents for you but I’m not sure if it’s what you need. I also know you need to translate the documents into Spanish. https://www.educacionyfp.gob.es/en/servicios-al-ciudadano/catalogo/general/05/051270/ficha/051270.html This is the Spanish government website about homologation of foreign studies but I find it confusing and I’m not really sure what to do either. Have you had any luck??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending