The Student Room Group

Applying to a Spanish university with A-levels from the UK

Has anyone applied to a Spanish university via UNED?

I have been accepted provisionally based on my predicted A-levels.

Now, that I have got my A-level results, I am a little confused on how to provide my actual grades to UNED?

Also, I read that it's possible to increase your UNED score. Does anyone have experience on how the score can be increased? Do you need to take additional exams?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Hi! I am in the process of applying to convert my predicted grades for universities in Spain but it is quite complicated and need some help.

Are you able to help me.

There seems to be a lot of subjects that cannot be converted....I am surprised like History, Economics, etc...

I was told that you need to take your actual results to the university in September to claim your place.

Thanks - do let me know if you are free to chat
Original post by onlybarca

Now, that I have got my A-level results, I am a little confused on how to provide my actual grades to UNED?

Also, I read that it's possible to increase your UNED score. Does anyone have experience on how the score can be increased? Do you need to take additional exams?

Thanks in advance!

Hey did you ever work out how to do it. The process is reallt confusing

Thanks in advance!

Hi! Please please share your advice. Did you get the provisional grades from school or from the exam board? Also did you use these to create the application on uned or were you spekaing direct with the universities ?
thankyou
Original post by eaerevising
Hi! Please please share your advice. Did you get the provisional grades from school or from the exam board? Also did you use these to create the application on uned or were you spekaing direct with the universities ?
thankyou

I know each uni is a little different but for University of Barcelona, if ur from the UK and have UK citizenship only and ur taking A levels you have to go to the Spanish embassy to approve your application. Or at least this is what my teacher told me. Also even if your course is in English, you need to take the selectivad. Since Brexit, Uni of Barcelona haven’t found a way to sort out what to do w A level-taking UK students bc previously it would’ve been straightforward with the Erasmus program. It’s seemingly easier to transfer from a university than it does to apply with A levels. Also, if you’re doing the IB then I think as long as ur application is approved by the Spanish embassy then you won’t have to take the selectivad. I’m not sure tho. There isn’t much info out there and this is just what my teachers have told me. Maybe there is a way to apply with A levels but I think you need to speak to the embassy or the consulate first if ur serious about applying there. Brexit has made things so unbelievably complicated and because not many UK students go to Spain for uni, there’s not much info out there.
Reply 5

Thanks in advance!

Hey, did you end up going to uni in Spain. I’m confused with the application process could you help me?
Reply 6
Original post by Pear521
Hey, did you end up going to uni in Spain. I’m confused with the application process could you help me?

The predicted grades is it just from your school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending