The Student Room Group

Changing unis

I hate my biological natural sciences course at Cambridge and wasn’t able to secure a switch to a different course that I wanted to within Cambridge.

I want to go to bath univeristy to do computer science instead.

Bath has high employability and the course looks like it fits my interests really well, and my girlfriend goes there too.

Is this a stupid idea ? Should I just stay on my current course even though i don’t like it ? Is the “Cambridge factor” worth it when it comes to the future ? Help me :frown:
you should leave and restart at bath if you are confident you would enjoy it there
i reckon any university snobbery matters less in sciences and esp a new subject like comp sci
i know ppl who have restarted somewhere else and liked it more. go for it once you've thought it through (:
Original post by Orlandobdhsbs
I hate my biological natural sciences course at Cambridge and wasn’t able to secure a switch to a different course that I wanted to within Cambridge.

I want to go to bath univeristy to do computer science instead.

Bath has high employability and the course looks like it fits my interests really well, and my girlfriend goes there too.

Is this a stupid idea ? Should I just stay on my current course even though i don’t like it ? Is the “Cambridge factor” worth it when it comes to the future ? Help me :frown:

Hi @Orlandobdhsbs ,

I think that the most important thing is where you think you will enjoy more. If you would prefer the course at Bath then consider trying to transfer as if this is where you will be happiest then it is worth it.
You have to do at least three years of uni so here's no point doing this somewhere that you are not enjoying it!

Have you been to visit your girlfriend in bath? If so, did you enjoy the city/nightlife? These are things to consider, depending what your interests are.

I don't think it is a stupid idea at all- you need to do what is best for you and if you think you would enjoy it at Bath more, then it may be worth making the move!

I hope this helps,
Lucy - SHU student ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending