The Student Room Group

RCSI 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Khalid mohd
No applications close around February I believe. I, and my other friends got our interviews around the 31st of March but that’s because they had a very high volume of applications in the last cycle so it took a longer time. I know some who got their interviews early to middle of March as well! I guess they applied way earlier, I applied end of Jan 😅

Oh! that's quite a lot of waiting haha
Thank you for the info tho :smile:
Original post by rb00625
hi! i had another question, how was your experience at rcsi till now? how do you like the uni and the environment?
thanks a lot!

It’s very nice! We have a good range of examinations across the semester so it’s almost impossible to perform really bad in your finals.
The 26 York st campus is my favorite as well, really nice library that spans four floors.

Some lecture halls in the old building don’t have proper ventilation so it gets a little sweaty in there. There is a really good student support office that you can go to if you wanna vent or just have a chat, as well as another office associated with academic affairs. They also provide you free therapy sessions and do put a lot of emphasis on mental health which is nice. Dublin itself is great as well!

I heard it’s a bit cliquey when it comes to friendships which is something I’ve also experienced as well but oh well
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 22
It’s very nice! We have a good range of examinations across the semester so it’s almost impossible to perform really bad in your finals.
The 26 York st campus is my favorite as well, really nice library that spans four floors.

Some lecture halls in the old building don’t have proper ventilation so it gets a little sweaty in there. There is a really good student support office that you can go to if you wanna vent or just have a chat, as well as another office associated with academic affairs. They also provide you free therapy sessions and do put a lot of emphasis on mental health which is nice. Dublin itself is great as well!

I heard it’s a bit cliquey when it comes to friendships which is something I’ve also experienced as well but oh well

ok thats good to hear! thank you so much
Reply 23
Any CBSE applicants here? Just concerned because I've seen people get interview dates in March and we have our board exams around the same time...
Reply 24
Original post by TSL100
Any CBSE applicants here? Just concerned because I've seen people get interview dates in March and we have our board exams around the same time...

i did my tenth grade icse board exams but now i have shifted to A levels so even i have my final board exams in feb and march so im a bit concerned as well
Original post by rb00625
i did my tenth grade icse board exams but now i have shifted to A levels so even i have my final board exams in feb and march so im a bit concerned as well

Hey, the interview can actually be done within 2 weeks since you receive the email so don’t worry much about it! I got my interview email in the 31st of March and I had till April 15th to record it. This only applies for sonru interviews I believe.
Reply 26
Hey, the interview can actually be done within 2 weeks since you receive the email so don’t worry much about it! I got my interview email in the 31st of March and I had till April 15th to record it. This only applies for sonru interviews I believe.

oh ok thanks a lot!!
Reply 27
Has anyone received an interview invite yet? When can we start expecting them to rollin
Reply 28
hi! i received an interview invite on 12th jan and i have it on 30th jan, intl student medicine
Reply 29
Original post by rb00625
hi! i received an interview invite on 12th jan and i have it on 30th jan, intl student medicine

if you dont mind saying, where are you from and what your marks and extracurriculars
Reply 30
Out of curiosity, what’s y’all average and where are you all from
Reply 31
Original post by icedemon55
Out of curiosity, what’s y’all average and where are you all from

My cumalitve GPA from 9-11 (which is shown under application information on the Atlantic bridge dashboard) is 91%. I am from Canada and this is my ossd mark.
Original post by sid237
My cumalitve GPA from 9-11 (which is shown under application information on the Atlantic bridge dashboard) is 91%. I am from Canada and this is my ossd mark.

Didn’t know they put our GPA there, but coincidentally same for me lol

RCSI Dublin considers top 6 grade 12 average tho right? Because that’s higher than my cumalitve GPA so I’m hoping they’d look at those courses instead
Does anyone happen to know how much personal profile matters vs how much grades matter
Reply 34
Original post by random12347
Didn’t know they put our GPA there, but coincidentally same for me lol

RCSI Dublin considers top 6 grade 12 average tho right? Because that’s higher than my cumalitve GPA so I’m hoping they’d look at those courses instead

yeah same, my top 6 is around 94-95
Reply 35
Hey guys...has anyone received an update?
Reply 36
Original post by TSL100
Hey guys...has anyone received an update?

Hi, I had my interview for med last week, but I haven't heard back yet.
Reply 37
Original post by Zayyana

where are you from
Reply 38
Original post by sid237
where are you from

south africa
Reply 39
Original post by Zayyana

Congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending