The Student Room Group

RCSI 2022 Questions

Hi, I'm applying to September 2022 undergraduate medicine in RCSI as a non-EU student. Anyone knows when will they send the first wave of interviews?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leli5987
Hi, I'm applying to September 2022 undergraduate medicine in RCSI as a non-EU student. Anyone knows when will they send the first wave of interviews?

Hi i also applied for sept 2022 and I got an interview invite 3-4 days ago
Original post by areesha.l

Hi, I was wondering on what date is your interview? I got one for 4th Feb.

I got one a few days ago .
Reply 4
Original post by a.dsouza1_
I got one a few days ago .

My interview is Feb 1. Don't know how big will my chance be. I really want to study medicine.
My interview is Feb 1. Don't know how big will my chance be. I really want to study medicine.

Mine is on Feb 4, i'm sure you will do well, give yourself some credit :smile:

also is that a kokomi pfp?
Reply 6
Mine is on Feb 4, i'm sure you will do well, give yourself some credit :smile:

also is that a kokomi pfp?

yes, this picture is so funny, a reference from Fujiwara Chika. I'm aiming for the 5-year course but I'll still go if I got the 6-year offer. Hope to see u in campus.
yes, this picture is so funny, a reference from Fujiwara Chika. I'm aiming for the 5-year course but I'll still go if I got the 6-year offer. Hope to see u in campus.

Hope to see you too :h:
Reply 8
Interview completed. The interview was controlled for exactly 20 min. I think they received a lot of applications this year so the interview will all be in 20 min. The questions are very common, like Why RCSI, Why Ireland, Your interested medical specialty and which country to work in the future. There are also questions about my resume and personal statement. But since it was very short, the interview didn't have any tricky question. I think the most tricky question is "what can you bring to RCSI" and I prepared well for that. However, I don't know my chance and the feedback will be after 4 weeks. As I'm currently a medical science undergraduate in Australia, I'll keep preparing for GAMSAT and apply for the GEM in case I'm rejected from the UEM.
I thought I would receive an offer soon after interview so I could discontinue my course in USYD before the semester starts (Feb 21). But since the application number is huge, I might start my semester and then decide to discontinue or not.

I think the application to medicine increased a lot because of COVID-19 so I really don't know my chance.
(edited 2 years ago)
Interview completed. The interview was controlled for exactly 20 min. I think they received a lot of applications this year so the interview will all be in 20 min. The questions are very common, like Why RCSI, Why Ireland, Your interested medical specialty and which country to work in the future. There are also questions about my resume and personal statement. But since it was very short, the interview didn't have any tricky question. I think the most tricky question is "what can you bring to RCSI" and I prepared well for that. However, I don't know my chance and the feedback will be after 4 weeks. As I'm currently a medical science undergraduate in Australia, I'll keep preparing for GAMSAT and apply for the GEM in case I'm rejected from the UEM.
I thought I would receive an offer soon after interview so I could discontinue my course in USYD before the semester starts (Feb 21). But since the application number is huge, I might start my semester and then decide to discontinue or not.

I think the application to medicine increased a lot because of COVID-19 so I really don't know my chance.

Looking forward to seeing you get an offer :biggrin:. Im sure your interview went well by the way you seem!
How long does it take for RCSI to send out offers?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by areesha.l

So when did you apply ?
Reply 12
How long does it take for RCSI to send out offers?

The interviewer told me it might be 4 weeks after interview
The interviewer told me it might be 4 weeks after interview

sorry one more question, did you apply for GEM?
Reply 14
sorry one more question, did you apply for GEM?

no, I have only finished 1.5 years of undergrad. Now i'm reapplying to another undergrad. But I won't say my 1.5 years in USYD will be a waste since I learned a lot.
has anyone here applied to rcsi bahrain ?
Hi I applied for the non eu undergraduate programme at RCSI Ireland . When did you all apply and when did you hear back from the college?
Hey guys ! I am a Non-Eu student who applied for the RCSI Undergraduate Medicine Programme for the September 2022 Intake. When did you apply for the course and have any of you had interviews?
Reply 18
Is anyone from Canada here?
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys ! I am a Non-Eu student who applied for the RCSI Undergraduate Medicine Programme for the September 2022 Intake. When did you apply for the course and have any of you had interviews?

My application was completed on Jan 13. I got my interview invite on Jan 19. My interview was Feb 1. The interviewer said 4 weeks of feedback so I have to wait.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending