The Student Room Group

RCSI 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Any idea when the second round of interviews will be?
Reply 81
Original post by TSL100
Any idea when the second round of interviews will be?
Probably late March/beginning April
Reply 82
Original post by worn-out-critiqu
Same, how was your interview?
I’m honestly not sure. Some questions went well and some I had to improvise on the spot. And u?
Original post by Kikier
If you haven’t heard anything then you probably didn’t make it to the first round of interviews, cause those ended in early feb. but if you haven’t gotten a rejection I’m pretty sure that means they’ve chosen you for the second round of interviews, which will happen if they still have some open spots after the first round. Hope this helps. I got this info from a previous RCSI student.
Thanks a lot !! I asked because last year I applied ( I could go that year anymore ) and had my interview early Feb and got in pretty early but this year it’s taking a while so I was getting pretty anxious
Hey guys any non-eu med applicants still waiting to hear back yet? I applied on nov 25th but still got no response.
Original post by Kikier
If you haven’t heard anything then you probably didn’t make it to the first round of interviews, cause those ended in early feb. but if you haven’t gotten a rejection I’m pretty sure that means they’ve chosen you for the second round of interviews, which will happen if they still have some open spots after the first round. Hope this helps. I got this info from a previous RCSI student.
Do u know how many ppl they interview for the first round?
Original post by medic1212
Hey guys any non-eu med applicants still waiting to hear back yet? I applied on nov 25th but still got no response.
Hey I applied November as well and I am still waiting on a reply
Original post by JAK12345
Hey I applied November as well and I am still waiting on a reply
Good to see that I am not the only one lol I am so damn nervous, hoping it's a good thing
(edited 1 month ago)
Good to see that I am not the only one lol I am so damn nervous
Same 🥲 heard there’s multiple rounds of interviews so best of luck to you!!
Same 🥲 heard there’s multiple rounds of interviews so best of luck to you!!
I wish you the best of luck too!! 🙂
Reply 90
Do u know how many ppl they interview for the first round?
I think enough people to fill up all their spots (so I’m guessing around 225? Maybe more?). And then based on how many got rejected they’ll then interview people during a second round. At least that’s what makes sense based on what I’ve heard.
Original post by Kikier
I think enough people to fill up all their spots (so I’m guessing around 225? Maybe more?). And then based on how many got rejected they’ll then interview people during a second round. At least that’s what makes sense based on what I’ve heard.
I don’t think it works like that because applications closed on Feb 1st and people got offers and interviews before that date so there are applications still under review
I don’t think it works like that because applications closed on Feb 1st and people got offers and interviews before that date so there are applications still under review
Give them a call to check maybe?
Original post by Jusnpablo71
Give them a call to check maybe?
Under my application it said “under review” which means there’s still applications under review. So it’s not really a second round of interviews, more so a continuation. When I applied last year in my interview the professor said that interviews go on till about March /April.
Reply 94
Yeah, that might also be the schools process. I’m just conveying what a previous student told me, but it might’ve changed.
Reply 95
Under my application it said “under review” which means there’s still applications under review. So it’s not really a second round of interviews, more so a continuation. When I applied last year in my interview the professor said that interviews go on till about March /April.
Does that mean the people who’ve already interviewed won’t find out till March/april? Or will we find out earlier?
Reply 96
Hi guys, i had my interview on 30th jan but havent heard back yet. Should i be worried about this? Do i mail them? Thanks a lot!
(edited 1 month ago)
I’m not too sure when exactly but maybe around that time or about 3/4 weeks after your interview because they need to review your interview after along with hundreds of others
That's what I was thinking about too I also believe that either the first round is not over or they are not using that system and just review all the applications but I am sure that the interviews are still going on
ok so I am guessing that it's normal for Canadian applicants to hear back later other applicants then? I applied to graduate entry medicine back in October and I would say I have relatively high stats so I am not sure what to make of this silence lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending