The Student Room Group

RCSI 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khalid mohd
hi! I applied last year and I'm currently a student in RCSI. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need advice! (for med only)
Hi for Singapore A level what’s the lowest grades RCSI accept for medicine for 3 H2?
hi! I applied last year and I'm currently a student in RCSI. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need advice! (for med only)
Hi when did u get ur interview offer?
Original post by sid237
Nothing yet, I am from Ontario. Anyone from Ontario hear back? If so what are your marks and extracurriculars?
Hey did u hear back?
Hey guys, I'm a current first year med (6 yr program) at RCSI from Alberta. I applied to both RCSI Dublin and RCSI Bahrain last application cycle. For any Canadian applicants worried about interviews, dont worry, many of my friends at RCSI got interview invites as late as mid April. As long as you haven't been rejected, they are still considering your application. Feel free to DM me on instagram if you have any questions! @noor.shaheenn
Hello did anyone hear back? (ppl waiting for interviews)
Original post by medic1212
Hello did anyone hear back? (ppl waiting for interviews)

Not yet, still waiting. Although I submitted very close to the deadline so that's prob why
(edited 1 month ago)

Hi I applied to RCSI I’m almost done with my foundation in the UK hope I get in I just want to ask how is everything there and any advices for the interview from RCSI and weather it is a dealbreaker and can change the decision or just to get to know me as a student.
anyone from Ontario get an interview for the 6 year program yet?
Reply 148
Hi, I applied for RCSI last time and I haven't heard anything yet (not even an interview invitation). Should I be a bit worried😭?
Also I've heard that the last to apply is less likely to get in, but I wonder if that's true?
Original post by Yh970
Hi, I applied for RCSI last time and I haven't heard anything yet (not even an interview invitation). Should I be a bit worried😭?
Also I've heard that the last to apply is less likely to get in, but I wonder if that's true?

Just send an email and ask. If they have not rejected you it's most likely you're still in consideration. I also got an interview offer quite late (around March 22) and my interview is next week (April 15)
Reply 150
Original post by Yh970

I was wondering the same thing so I emailed Atlantic Bridge to ask them more about how the rolling admissions work. They said that the admissions process is ongoing through the spring in summer months and there is no specific date by which final decisions are made. First-round offers are usually sent in late February/early March and late offers can be issued as late as August. As for the late applications, they are not guaranteed to be reviewed for first-round offers (still available for any subsequent rounds). As students reject their offers or withdraw later in the year, they leave a vacancy that may be filled by another student. In addition to this, schools may release additional places for international students which often happens in late spring and early summer. All in all, if you haven't received a decision by early summer this does not mean that your application has been rejected or overlooked. Hope this clears things up and best of luck!
Reply 151
Original post by Sahi_
I was wondering the same thing so I emailed Atlantic Bridge to ask them more about how the rolling admissions work. They said that the admissions process is ongoing through the spring in summer months and there is no specific date by which final decisions are made. First-round offers are usually sent in late February/early March and late offers can be issued as late as August. As for the late applications, they are not guaranteed to be reviewed for first-round offers (still available for any subsequent rounds). As students reject their offers or withdraw later in the year, they leave a vacancy that may be filled by another student. In addition to this, schools may release additional places for international students which often happens in late spring and early summer. All in all, if you haven't received a decision by early summer this does not mean that your application has been rejected or overlooked. Hope this clears things up and best of luck!

Thanks for your reply, it was really helpful !!
Best of luck :biggrin:
Just got invited for an interview for RCSI Bahrain, for the 6 year program, anyone know what kind of questions I should prepare for?
Original post by Yh970

Hey, I just emailed them and they said they are still reviewing applications and will send out their decisions in the next two weeks.
Original post by happyharshi
Hey, I just emailed them and they said they are still reviewing applications and will send out their decisions in the next two weeks.

Does this apply for ppl who have already done their interviews or those who are still waiting to be invited too?
Does this apply for ppl who have already done their interviews or those who are still waiting to be invited too?

I'm not too sure. I applied for GEM and am waiting for an interview invite. But I assume they should be sending out offers soon too. You can email them asking for an update on your application. That's what I did.
for ppl who have done the interview, what kind of questions should we expect?
Reply 157

Hey! I did my interview in Feb - I was asked basic questions (why medicine, why RCSI, etc..), as well as questions that were based off of my application so I would encourage knowing your resume + personal statement really well :smile:.
Reply 158

By any chance, did you get an interview invitation!?
Does anyone know if RCSI is planning to do a second round for UEM?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending