The Student Room Group

sexual health in denmark

I think it is very difficult to get basic health care in Denmark. The normal thing is to pop in quickly, take a few blood tests and then you get a result. And then you either get treatment or forget about it all. According to European law, the doctor-patient relationship is based on one thing only, and that is that the patient should get well. Everything else is completely irrelevant. And doctors who represent third parties I think should be sacked on the spot.
Reply 1
What do you want exactly? If I wanted a sexual health screen then having it done properly but as quickly as possible is a good thing, no? Did you have questions?

I know in places like Copenhagen there are drop in centres for sexual health screening, but in more rural areas, I believe, it's usually via your GP.

What do you mean "represent third parties"?
Reply 2
Original post by Apachecow
What do you want exactly? If I wanted a sexual health screen then having it done properly but as quickly as possible is a good thing, no? Did you have questions?

I know in places like Copenhagen there are drop in centres for sexual health screening, but in more rural areas, I believe, it's usually via your GP.

What do you mean "represent third parties"?

The normal thing is that a person pops by some office, takes a few blood tests and then forgets about everything. It is normally a quick and effortless process, which is hugely encouraged by the authorities, not only to protect the health of the patient, but also to limit spread and to track down potential contacts. So even if one cared nothing for the patient, it would still be encouraged for the sake of others. I just think there is too much hazzle.
Reply 3
Do you live in a city? I've been to Copenhagen and seen a walk in clinic. How hard is that, exactly?

Is this not true?

STD Testing
Danes generally have a relaxed view regarding Sexually Transited Infections (STIs) and Diseases (STDs). They are seen as treatable conditions, and are generally not seen as shameful. To get tested and explore treatment options:
OR
https://disabroad.org/copenhagen/student-resource/health-and-safety/sexual-health-abroad/
Reply 4
Original post by michaelhw
The normal thing is that a person pops by some office, takes a few blood tests and then forgets about everything. It is normally a quick and effortless process, which is hugely encouraged by the authorities, not only to protect the health of the patient, but also to limit spread and to track down potential contacts. So even if one cared nothing for the patient, it would still be encouraged for the sake of others. I just think there is too much hazzle.

And the issue with this approach is...? I'm struggling to see the "hazzle" you are referring to.
This sounds like an extraordinarily hassle-free process.

Quick Reply

Latest