The Student Room Group

Can't masturbate properly..Is something wrong?younG

I'm F(14) I know I'm young but I've been messing around recen.tly. I can fit a tampon in with some discomfort and I can fit a finger in with some discomfort but I tried inserteding two fingers once and it hurt so bad. I'm scared something is wrong with me and if something is I don't have access to a doctor 🙁
Hi,

There could be many factors. It is recommended to see a doctor if you can.
But I can understand you may not want to.

It could be due to many reasons,
1. if you try inserting your fingers while not being aroused enough this could make it uncomfortable/possibly painful for you. When you’re aroused you naturally open up a bit making it easier to insert fingers or any other tools. So when you aren’t aroused, the area is tight making it hard.

2. Sometimes being nervous can make you naturally clench down there which could make it hard for you to put anything up there. A lot of it comes down to your mind.

I would definitely consult a doctor though, or even try speaking to someone older like your mum, a sister, an auntie, a cousin, whoever you feel comfortable sharing this with.

Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

There could be many factors. It is recommended to see a doctor if you can.
But I can understand you may not want to.

It could be due to many reasons,
1. if you try inserting your fingers while not being aroused enough this could make it uncomfortable/possibly painful for you. When you’re aroused you naturally open up a bit making it easier to insert fingers or any other tools. So when you aren’t aroused, the area is tight making it hard.

2. Sometimes being nervous can make you naturally clench down there which could make it hard for you to put anything up there. A lot of it comes down to your mind.

I would definitely consult a doctor though, or even try speaking to someone older like your mum, a sister, an auntie, a cousin, whoever you feel comfortable sharing this with.

Hope this helps.

Okay thank you 😊 I will go talk to my mom!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm F(14) I know I'm young but I've been messing around recen.tly. I can fit a tampon in with some discomfort and I can fit a finger in with some discomfort but I tried inserteding two fingers once and it hurt so bad. I'm scared something is wrong with me and if something is I don't have access to a doctor 🙁

Hey there,

Alice from Brook here! We're here all week to support and advice The Student Room users about sexual health and relationships as part of Sexual Health Week 2023. I saw your post and thought maybe some further advice would be helpful.

Firstly, it is completely normal to be exploring your body and masturbation and lots of people masturbate in different ways depending on the body parts they have or depending what feels good for them. Not all masturbation has to involve penetration so if you are finding penetration to be uncomfortable, then exploring other things that feel good to you might be a good place to start. There is no one "normal" way to masturbate so don't feel disheartened if penetration isn't the right thing for you right now.

As a previous user has commented, sometimes it can be uncomfortable to masturbate if you're not aroused enough (maybe the vagina isn't lubricated enough and is therefore too dry to have something inserted into it comfortably), or if you are stressed or nervous about masturbation or inserting things into your vagina then that can also cause us to tense up making penetration uncomfortable also.

If you are worried about penetration being painful then please do speak with an adult (either someone close to you who you trust) or seek advice from your GP or a Sexual Health clinic. Sexual health clinics are free and confidential (no one else will know unless you tell them) even if you are under 16! You can find out where your nearest clinic is here - https://www.brook.org.uk/find-a-service/

You can find out lots of information about vulvas, vaginas and masturbation on the Brook website so why not start here? https://www.brook.org.uk/your-life/masturbation/

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by BrookCharity
Hey there,

Alice from Brook here! We're here all week to support and advice The Student Room users about sexual health and relationships as part of Sexual Health Week 2023. I saw your post and thought maybe some further advice would be helpful.

Firstly, it is completely normal to be exploring your body and masturbation and lots of people masturbate in different ways depending on the body parts they have or depending what feels good for them. Not all masturbation has to involve penetration so if you are finding penetration to be uncomfortable, then exploring other things that feel good to you might be a good place to start. There is no one "normal" way to masturbate so don't feel disheartened if penetration isn't the right thing for you right now.

As a previous user has commented, sometimes it can be uncomfortable to masturbate if you're not aroused enough (maybe the vagina isn't lubricated enough and is therefore too dry to have something inserted into it comfortably), or if you are stressed or nervous about masturbation or inserting things into your vagina then that can also cause us to tense up making penetration uncomfortable also.

If you are worried about penetration being painful then please do speak with an adult (either someone close to you who you trust) or seek advice from your GP or a Sexual Health clinic. Sexual health clinics are free and confidential (no one else will know unless you tell them) even if you are under 16! You can find out where your nearest clinic is here - https://www.brook.org.uk/find-a-service/

You can find out lots of information about vulvas, vaginas and masturbation on the Brook website so why not start here? https://www.brook.org.uk/your-life/masturbation/

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank your for taking to time to say all that it means slot and it help me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest