The Student Room Group

can I repeat semester 2 I KCL

Hi,

I am in my second year of uni and have been having a hard time mentally and need a break.
I don't want to re do the whole of 2nd year as my 1st semester grades for assignments were good despite my mental health.

Is it possible, specifically for king's, to redo a semester the following year whilst retaining your other semesters marks or does it have to be re doing the whole year again
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I am in my second year of uni and have been having a hard time mentally and need a break.
I don't want to re do the whole of 2nd year as my 1st semester grades for assignments were good despite my mental health.

Is it possible, specifically for king's, to redo a semester the following year whilst retaining your other semesters marks or does it have to be re doing the whole year again

In theory you might be able to leave between semesters 1 and 2, and rejoin a year later - again between semesters 1 and 2. Quite what impact this will have on your student loan isn't clear.

You can find lots of information about interrupting you studies on KCL's Student Service self-sevice portal site here, with the official policy being found here (PDF).
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,

Hi there

Sorry to hear about your situation. It is good to hear that you did well in your 1st semester assignments.

I would recommend getting in touch with your University's academic support team to see what they can do for you. They will be in the best position to advise you of your options and the next steps which you can take.

Good luck.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending