The Student Room Group

Pharmacy without work experience

Hi guys:smile: would it be okay apply for MPharm course without any work experience? I'm just worried whether I need one for the course.. would it be enough with taking online course?
Reply 1
You dont need work experience specifically within a pharmacy setting to apply for a Pharmacy degree.

If you can get some customer service / 'dealing with people experience' this is useful - both for your personal statement and for interviews - this can be via a part-time job or something like a charity shop. Any 'caring' experience is also useful - work shadowing any NHS professional even for a day, or volunteering in a care-home or similar. This just helps you know that you might enjoy that angle of the work.

Neither of the above are essential. Lots of people apply for MPharm courses without any of the this and get an offer.
Pharmacy degrees includes regular chunks of work-experience is a very wide variety of settings and so you get this exposure whilst you are training - Pharmacy courses (bath.ac.uk)
Original post by McGinger
You dont need work experience specifically within a pharmacy setting to apply for a Pharmacy degree.

If you can get some customer service / 'dealing with people experience' this is useful - both for your personal statement and for interviews - this can be via a part-time job or something like a charity shop. Any 'caring' experience is also useful - work shadowing any NHS professional even for a day, or volunteering in a care-home or similar. This just helps you know that you might enjoy that angle of the work.

Neither of the above are essential. Lots of people apply for MPharm courses without any of the this and get an offer.
Pharmacy degrees includes regular chunks of work-experience is a very wide variety of settings and so you get this exposure whilst you are training - Pharmacy courses (bath.ac.uk)

thank you for detailed reply😭👍 this is really helpful!! do you think I can write about volunteering at care home for child?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending