The Student Room Group

EPQ Help?

Hi,
I'm currently in the final stages of completing my EPQ (a report on water conflict), and was wondering if anyone had any tips/could read through it for me? I fell behind previously as I had intended on dropping it, and so didn't get started on it until quite late, and have had little correspondence with my mentor/teacher. As such, I've written the majority and am currently finishing it off, however have had no one to read through and check it for me. My particular worry is my use of references: I've not really evaluated them or even mentioned the source of them beyond references, and am not sure if that's right.

TL;DR I'm stressing about this & just want to do well
hi, did an epq a while back and did pretty badly because I just couldn't be arsed at the end and gave up on sources, but really the source stuff is where it matters. If you can integrate source evaluation into your main work that's good, you could also put it in your production log, or write a 'literature review' that's what my supervisor recommended to me (which I ignored) and add it on as an appendix to your project (but make sure it's seen-reference it in your production log a lot) and go through all your sources talking about whether they were useful, why/ why not and use the (cringy but for marks) CRAVEN/RAVEN/CRAAP source evaluation check list style (can find more info online)
make sure you got all your citations and stuff, and have a proper bibliography (it takes longer than you think), also the production log is where most the marks are (not even sure examiners read your essay tbh) so really write as much as you can even if it seems like crap .
Good luck
Original post by meredith2017
hi, did an epq a while back and did pretty badly because I just couldn't be arsed at the end and gave up on sources, but really the source stuff is where it matters. If you can integrate source evaluation into your main work that's good, you could also put it in your production log, or write a 'literature review' that's what my supervisor recommended to me (which I ignored) and add it on as an appendix to your project (but make sure it's seen-reference it in your production log a lot) and go through all your sources talking about whether they were useful, why/ why not and use the (cringy but for marks) CRAVEN/RAVEN/CRAAP source evaluation check list style (can find more info online)
make sure you got all your citations and stuff, and have a proper bibliography (it takes longer than you think), also the production log is where most the marks are (not even sure examiners read your essay tbh) so really write as much as you can even if it seems like crap .
Good luck

How do I embed the data that I have collected into my research? I'm struggling with this at the moment.

Quick Reply

Latest