The Student Room Group

Culture, Media and Creative Industries BA in KCL

I've heard the course is recently made. Anyone willing to apply or already taking the course?
Reply 1
I'm applying to this course, there are a couple of youtube videos of current students and it looks really good. Where else are you applying if you're applying to similar courses?
It seems like this particular degree is new for undergraduate study, I've seen a lot of masters but only a handful of undergrad. There's also a new one in Uni Of Glasgow starting in 2022 but I'm hesitant to apply for it.
Reply 2
Original post by myye
I'm applying to this course, there are a couple of youtube videos of current students and it looks really good. Where else are you applying if you're applying to similar courses?
It seems like this particular degree is new for undergraduate study, I've seen a lot of masters but only a handful of undergrad. There's also a new one in Uni Of Glasgow starting in 2022 but I'm hesitant to apply for it.

Thanks for letting me know! I will check them right away. So are you interested in media and such or closer to cultural studies?

Well, I have a relatively board interest in the humanities and I am expecting to have a job in creative industries, for now on particularly in art museums. But the history of art seems to be such a restricted choice.

I am also considering UAL Culture, Criticism, and Curation. And Global Creative Industries in Leeds Uni. I am still searching for the course.
Reply 3
Original post by Yunyoon
Thanks for letting me know! I will check them right away. So are you interested in media and such or closer to cultural studies?

Well, I have a relatively board interest in the humanities and I am expecting to have a job in creative industries, for now on particularly in art museums. But the history of art seems to be such a restricted choice.

I am also considering UAL Culture, Criticism, and Curation. And Global Creative Industries in Leeds Uni. I am still searching for the course.

I'm interested in the more creative media side of the course. I'm considering Warwick media and creative industries but I'm still searching as well, but the KCL one is my favourite so far. The course used to be an MA so I think looking into the reviews etc of the MA would help understand more about it :smile:
Has anyone heard back from KCL for this course?
Original post by choslmason
Has anyone heard back from KCL for this course?

curious about this +1
Original post by divaafterschool
curious about this +1

Did you hear back yet?
curious about this +1

I saw that someone received an unconditional for this course so I assume they are sending them out now
anyone with any updates?
Reply 9
still waiting
Reply 10
Original post by rxocky
still waiting

update: just got rejected. quite annoying how they made this decision so late but whatever
Original post by choslmason
Did you hear back yet?

yeah I got rejected initially, but then they suddenly accepted me 1 month after the decision
Wait do they rejected you and then changed their minds and accepted you?
Original post by Theia21
Wait do they rejected you and then changed their minds and accepted you?

yeah...maybe some of the applicants rejected their offers so they changed(?)
has anyone got any further updates?

it's barely 9 days until the deadline and this is driving me crazy!
If anyone who who has an offer wants to pm me their socials that would be great :smile:
Original post by Yunyoon
I've heard the course is recently made. Anyone willing to apply or already taking the course?

they sent their offer to me like 2 weeks before the deadline - currently my firm choice atm
Anyone got any personal statement tips for cmci?
yeah I got rejected initially, but then they suddenly accepted me 1 month after the decision

hey, i cannot message you directly, but how probable do you think is it that the same happens to me? this course was my 1st choice and sadly I got rejected, do you think that there is a possibility that they change their mind/should I email them? is it even worth trying at this point? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending