The Student Room Group

Lonely for NYE

I'll be spending NYE alone for the first time. I'm feeling panicked by the situation because I've never been alone before in welcoming in the new year.

My siblings have moved out and don't live near me. I don't have any friends to celebrate with and my parent is spending it somewhere else.

I hope to have messages from friends and some of my relatives.

I always enjoyed NYE, more than Christmas tbh. But today has made me realise how lonely I am in this world :frown:

How can I try to make this special?
Where are you in the UK?
Reply 2
Get yourself your favourite food, drink, put on some good TV and chat to people on TSR!
Don't try to make it special, basically- its a notoriously mediocre night anyway, and most people feel more lonely than they let on (on new years and in general) even though they look like they're surrounded by people. If you feel lonely, just think about all the other people around the country who are spending NYE alone for whatever reason (myself included). Try to fill your mind with positive thoughts (but not forced. easier said than done), get comfortable spending time alone, you'll probably be all the better for it if you learn how to happily sit with yourself. I'm spending it drinking some nice beers and trying (failing) not to eat an entire box of heroes, making some vague intentions for the coming year, and meditating into the new year. You'll be fine, don't stress.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #3
Don't try to make it special, basically- its a notoriously mediocre night anyway, and most people feel more lonely than they let on (on new years and in general) even though they look like they're surrounded by people. If you feel lonely, just think about all the other people around the country who are spending NYE alone for whatever reason (myself included). Try to fill your mind with positive thoughts (but not forced. easier said than done), get comfortable spending time alone, you'll probably be all the better for it if you learn how to happily sit with yourself. I'm spending it drinking some nice beers and trying (failing) not to eat an entire box of heroes, making some vague intentions for the coming year, and meditating into the new year. You'll be fine, don't stress.

I do value your input here. I hope it works out for the OP :smile:

I get comfortable alone a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending