The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's interview

I have an interview for the Online assistant role and just wanted to know what questions they ask and how to prepare, what to wear etc. I haven't done an interview since 2022 so i'm nervous.

Planning to wear a long sleeve white top with black trousers & black trainers?
Reply 1
Find out what an online assistant is and make sure your can confidently explain what the job is and what responsibilities you will have. Why are your interest in the role? What do you know about about being an online assistant? Why are you interested? Why are your interested specially working for sainsburys. Remember an interview is also just an convo so don’t try and sound like you are reading off a sheet. Just speak how you would normally. These questions are to catch you out but to get to know you.

Skills:

What skills do you have that you can apply to this role? It can something as unspecific as I worked x job where I spoke to people and thus helped me build my communication skills, obv build upon that be more specific, like did you develop an ability to be more empathic, compassionate, confident? and then say how you think that skill is useful for this role. Something more specific, have you worked in tech, or maybe as as young person ( I’m assuming here) you have been around technology a lot and know how to respond quickly and help a customer. Try and find skills that you think a online assistant needs and then showcase how you have that skill.

Personality:

Be yourself. Remember to smile and that it’s okay if you forget your train of thought or don’t know how to answer, that happens a lot, it’s how you deal with it after that leaves an impression.

Clothes: clothes you wanna wear sound perf

Tips:

Remember to have questions at the end. Show your really interested in the job post and want to get to know more. A common question they ask in a lot of interviews I’ve done is name an difficult situation you had in the past and how you dealt with it. (Just a guess)

good luck 😊
Reply 2
Original post by bimbibap
Find out what an online assistant is and make sure your can confidently explain what the job is and what responsibilities you will have. Why are your interest in the role? What do you know about about being an online assistant? Why are you interested? Why are your interested specially working for sainsburys. Remember an interview is also just an convo so don’t try and sound like you are reading off a sheet. Just speak how you would normally. These questions are to catch you out but to get to know you.

Skills:

What skills do you have that you can apply to this role? It can something as unspecific as I worked x job where I spoke to people and thus helped me build my communication skills, obv build upon that be more specific, like did you develop an ability to be more empathic, compassionate, confident? and then say how you think that skill is useful for this role. Something more specific, have you worked in tech, or maybe as as young person ( I’m assuming here) you have been around technology a lot and know how to respond quickly and help a customer. Try and find skills that you think a online assistant needs and then showcase how you have that skill.

Personality:

Be yourself. Remember to smile and that it’s okay if you forget your train of thought or don’t know how to answer, that happens a lot, it’s how you deal with it after that leaves an impression.

Clothes: clothes you wanna wear sound perf

Tips:

Remember to have questions at the end. Show your really interested in the job post and want to get to know more. A common question they ask in a lot of interviews I’ve done is name an difficult situation you had in the past and how you dealt with it. (Just a guess)

good luck 😊

Wow this is really helpful thanks so much!!
Reply 3
Original post by Lvnaooo
I have an interview for the Online assistant role and just wanted to know what questions they ask and how to prepare, what to wear etc. I haven't done an interview since 2022 so i'm nervous.

Planning to wear a long sleeve white top with black trousers & black trainers?

Nobody is allowed to give you exact information on questions you may be asked about due to fairness to any other candidates applying as well. Generally they rotate what questions etc they asked potential candidates.

A online assistant is when you do online orders for customers as you go round the store and collect the items.

You might be asked why you want the job you applied for
What if any previous experience you have in retail ( not required as training will be given)
How good are you with working handheld technology
What hours and days are you available to work.

Wear something smart and casual like what you said you might wear.

I work with another big well known UK supermarket as team leader and occasionally stand in as supervisor.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending