The Student Room Group

What does an online assistant do at Sainsbury’s?

Hello, I’ve applied as an online assistant at Sainsbury’s and I have an interview this week. I was wondering what does the job consist of?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_234
Hello, I’ve applied as an online assistant at Sainsbury’s and I have an interview this week. I was wondering what does the job consist of?

Thanks

I'd recommend looking on Glassdoor and similar to see what people have said about the role! :yep:

You could also try checking out our Sainsbury's thread to see if anyone has already answered this, if you haven't already :biggrin:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2647889
I do it part time at present - contracted 20 hours per week 0400 - 0800 x 5 but in practice tend to pick up about 32 or more hours per week at the moment with overtime. Online assistants can be shoppers, drivers or General Assistants. I am employed as a shopper but do more time as a GA now. The shoppers pick the shopping for the online orders, the GAs organise all the shopping ready to go out onto the vans, load the vans, get the paperwork ready etc etc and the drivers deliver the shopping.
Do you do 4am - 8am ?
I did do; am in my new job now. That or 0500 - 0900 were the usual basic hours for GAs. Shoppers nearly all started at 0400, a few at 0500.
I’ve got a job as an online assistant starting 2nd September 😬 taking a big risk as it’s only a 12hr contract (usually do at least 20) would you say there’s overtime opportunities with Sainsbury’s like helping out in different departments?
I started on a 16 hour contract, asked for more hours when someone else left so was given a 20 hour contract but routinely worked 28 - 30 hours per week.

A few people used to get overtime on shift too.
I’m an online shopper who started on 12 hours and now do 20 contracted but do up to 30 if I do overtime. My store is always looking for overtime but I guess it depends on the store. You can also ask to get trained on checkouts and do that after your online shift x
Reply 8
It's tiring and consists of strength im doing it currently and wish I wasn't
Reply 9
Hi I've applied for online assistant was wondering after how long do they contact you as I am having issues receiving emails.
Hi, I’ve just had my Online assistant interview today and I’m 17 too. My interview was at 12 and I got an email at 14:06 offering me the job. My shifts are 6-10am ,20 hours a week.
Make sure you check your shifts because you can’t work ‘unsociable hours’ with Sainsbury’s when you’re 17. That means 11pm-5am.
Reply 11
Hey, what was the interview like? What kind of questions did they ask?
The interview was in 2 parts, the first one was just personal info so stuff like right to work and that. The second part was the actual interview. They asked me “Tell me about yourself” “Define costumer service” “Explain a situation where you showed team work skills” “What makes you suitable for this job”. :smile:
Reply 13
thanks! I have an interview this afternoon and that’s really helpful. Thanks again!
Hi, I have a interview there in two days I’m 16 and the hours say 03:00- 07:00, but I don’t know if this is AM or PM and I know if it’s am I wouldn’t be able to work it cause it’s unsociable hours
yeahh its more likely to be AM but still go to the interview and ask for clarification.
Original post by StudentAngy
yeahh its more likely to be AM but still go to the interview and ask for clarification.

Ok thank you
Reply 17
I have a interview soon do I’m 17 do you think I can tell them that I wanna work from 6-10 because of my age
Reply 18
I have a interview soon do I’m 17 do you think I can tell them that I wanna work from 6-10 because of my age
Is Sainsburys a place of work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending