The Student Room Group

My prelims are scaring me

I am in fourth year have prelims next week and i am terrified i keep thinking that they’re going to decide my future can someone please help me
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
What subjects are you doing? Don't worry National 5 prelims don't define your future, you just need to pass them to be able to do Higher next year.
Reply 2
Original post by ZK40
What subjects are you doing? Don't worry National 5 prelims don't define your future, you just need to pass them to be able to do Higher next year.

Im doing Maths english geography music admin and business
Original post by babyyoda6465
Im doing Maths english geography music admin and business

Your Prelims won't matter for anything at this stage as predicted grades aren't important. Do your best of course, but don't burn yourself out now before the real exam, easy trap to fall into, it's probably smarter to focus on your assignments right now (assuming you do your assignments at this time of year).

:smile:
Reply 4
I am in fourth year have prelims next week and i am terrified i keep thinking that they’re going to decide my future can someone please help me

my nat5 prelims were honestly more stressful for me than my higher or advanced higher prelims. use your nat5 time to understand how you learn, your nat5 prelims are a big part of this since in the grand scheme of things they dont matter so are very useful. the wide range of subjects can be and and certainly for me was overwhelming but planning is key, make sure you allocate time consistently from now until exams, its not that important now but learning how you work in s4 is so useful for highers and potentially advanced highers. not doing so is probably my biggest regret since i didnt. youll do amazing, the fact you are asking for support shows the initiative you have over your learning, never stop asking for support and you will succeed:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by charlie(:

my nat5 prelims were honestly more stressful for me than my higher or advanced higher prelims. use your nat5 time to understand how you learn, your nat5 prelims are a big part of this since in the grand scheme of things they dont matter so are very useful. the wide range of subjects can be and and certainly for me was overwhelming but planning is key, make sure you allocate time consistently from now until exams, its not that important now but learning how you work in s4 is so useful for highers and potentially advanced highers. not doing so is probably my biggest regret since i didnt. youll do amazing, the fact you are asking for support shows the initiative you have over your learning, never stop asking for support and you will succeed:smile:

may i add dont overwork yourself, you dont need to study for 7 hours a day. 1-2 is more than enough and will help you not cram before exams. ive learned that studying for 1 hour per day every week is better than 7 hours in one day.
Reply 6

My mum keeps saying just try your hardest but if i dont pass these i wont be able to do the nat 5 exams and im getting so stressed because i feel like my dad will go mental at me if i dont pass
Reply 7

My mum keeps saying just try your hardest but if i dont pass these i wont be able to do the nat 5 exams and im getting so stressed because i feel like my dad will go mental at me if i dont pass

its just scary because youve never done anything like it before, you will be fine honestly. nat5 is alot more stressful than it is difficult
Reply 8
its just scary because youve never done anything like it before, you will be fine honestly. nat5 is alot more stressful than it is difficult

I had my first prelim today and it went alot better than i thought it would
Reply 9

let me guess English?
Reply 10

thats great to hear! once you get into the flow of things it will be so much easier
Reply 11
Original post by ZK40
let me guess English?

No business

Unless you're off for the actual exam, prelims are only used to predict your grade, just make sure you've revised and are also taking care of urself and u'll be ok!
Reply 13
Original post by elisegreen38
Unless you're off for the actual exam, prelims are only used to predict your grade, just make sure you've revised and are also taking care of urself and u'll be ok!

Im trying to revise rn but it is making me want to die it is so boringgg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending